"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last Days of Summer

For Brent...summer was officially over yesterday as he started yet another semester of school last night. He was not thrilled and even more UN-happy when he found out there is a possibility that his entire last year of school will not count due to a single piece of paper that was hidden, forgotten about, not signed and turned in to the proper people. Last night was NOT GOOD...to say the least.
When he got home from school it was straight to Elders Quorum visits and his PPI with the Stake President. I know he just hates the thought of going out but once he is there and when he returns home he has a completely different attitude and I can tell he has been touched by the Spirit. He is blessed to have a calling that allows him to serve and touch the lives of so many people.

Where was I when Brent was out being spiritually fed??? Well I could be found on the roof of our ward building retrieving a bright pink shoe that was purchased less than 24 hours prior. How did it get up there one might ask??? One word...GAVIN!

This shoe throwing, high climbing experience happened just after Gavin was honored at Pack Meeting. He is moving right along in Bears and will soon be in WEBELOS...which as of last night is my new calling. OH JOY! I still refuse to wear those khaki button up polyester shirts...maybe they should release me??? I could be so lucky!

For Gavin and Savanna TODAY was the official Last Day of Summer. It was spent at the sitters...why again one might ask were Gavin and Savanna at a sitter??? Well because Baby Lund decided she NEEDED to be born early this morning at 2:23 am. After some complications including a cord wrapped several times around her little neck...I think she was tired of not being able to breathe and didn't want to wait til Friday. She definitely entered the world making a statement! So Nana and Papa jumped in the car and drove up north...which left me sitter-less.
Also it allowed me to take Savanna and Gracie to get their annual "before school" pedicures! Savanna said two words...Yeah and NO...Gracie on the other hand started talking before we walked in the door and didn't stop until I dropped her off...actually she is probably still going...right Kor??


School starts tomorrow. See you then

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief...I go away for ONE day and a zillion things happen! Good job retrieving the shoe, I'm happy to hear about Gavin continuing to progress as a Bear, congrats to you on your new calling, I'm worried about Brent's school record AND thanks so much for filling in for me and taking the girls for their before-school-pedicures, I'm so sorry I missed this fun tradition but the pictures look cute and I hope they had a good time.

Marianne said...

Wow! A lot going on down there! Tell Brent we will all pray that last year will count. They couldn't POSSIBLY just erase all of the work he's done!

Hooray for Webelos! Yeah...I was called into Wolves one year before Richard turned 8 and stayed with the boys as their Bear leader. Then I did Bears one more year while they all went on to Webelos. now the first boys I had are driving!! Umm...I had to wear the female leader's YELLOW shirt. Yuck. I would much rather have worn the khaki one myself!

Gee. If I went back to school would somebody take ME to get a pedicure?? I've never had the pleasure! Those little girlies better be grateful!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

WOW that was some day! My goodness! Well I'm happy that baby Lund got here! I feel terrible about Brent's school stuff. There must be something that can be done! We'll pray for him. I'm sorry about your new calling. I've never had that calling. But hey, it might not be as bad as it seems! Good luck with it! On a positive note at least you got to go with the girls for pedicures.

Love ya,
JoLynn