First and foremost...
1. BRENT! Yep...as always...he is my number one. My number one friend, my number one supporter, my number one and only man that I LOVE, adore, admire and think of all day and all night. Mom and I were talking yesterday about him and how wonderful he really is. It is hard to imagine anyone walking into my situation and doing a close to perfect job being a dad, a provider, a husband, an example and priesthood holder. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at him and feel my heart just POUND with love and gratitude for him.
We are together again and all is well. Last night we were able to use the season tickets and spend the evening together at the Road Runners VICTORIOUS game!
3. Weekend trips to Costco.I just love going to Costco with Brent...filling up on samples and then stopping for a LARGE slice of Pizza and a GLORIOUS Churro. I love following him around as he stalks the Polyg's, pretending to look at the extra-large jar of Peanut Butter. I love to listen to him talk to the sample givers and how he is their favorite friend by the time he leaves their station...the way he makes everyone feel like they are the most important person in the world. Costco is the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
It has been hard knowing the kids haven't been going to church this summer...but they were excited to go today...anxious for primary...happy to see their teachers and friends. They were ready and waiting to get back into our routine of scripture reading and family prayer. I am a proud mom and feel blessed to have two beautiful children who love our Heavenly Father, who have faith in him and believe in his son Jesus Christ.
5. Kyle Busch
I didn't know ANYTHING about NASCAR (I am quite happy to say) or Kyle Busch before the day I saw that bright green QuakerState car driving around in circles ( then I saw the EVEN cuter M and M car and I was HOOKED) and decided the guy inside would be my favorite NASCAR driver. I figured if I was going to spend my Sunday's watching I should have someone to cheer for. It was soon after that I realized that Kyle and I are two peas in a pod! He has an attitude, he does NOT like to lose, he throws temper tantrums like a two year old and never settles for second place. Yes people LOVE to HATE him...but that is only because he wins and if he doesn't...you hear about it...or sometimes SEE it. Sometimes it takes a little wrecking someone during their victory lap to show your frustration...or in my case knocking someone out instead of high fiving them on the "Good Game" walk after a loss. Some people...like Kyle and I...are just more competitive, more passionate, more easily frustrated and more immature (when it comes to winning or losing)...but every sport needs a little KYLE!



5 comments:
Costco with Brent sounds like so much fun! I've known about his strange fascination with polygs for awhile now. If you two moved to Colorado City he would be so happy!
I'm glad your kids are back with you and back in Primary. There's no better place to be!
Nascar? You let him suck you in??? I must admit, if I were going to root for a Nascar car it would be the M&M car! My favorite candies!
I almost wrote about Costco and football this week too, I'm glad I didn't because then it would seem like I was really copying you, since I stole your Sunday Smiles. Very cute post this week, Kam. I enjoyed it all except for maybe that Nascar stuff. It's a mystery to me how anyone can watch those cars just go round and round and round! Basketball...now there's a sport!!! And then there's football. I'm so happy you had so many things to smile about this week, life is so good!
I honestly cannot believe you now have written two posts about NASCAR! Who are you? Did we grow up in the same house?
We are so happy Gavin and Savanna are home. My kids were so excited on Thursday. We feel complete.
I am laughing about Brent stalking the polygs. That is too funny. I had no idea he was so intrigued by them. Costco is the place if you want to stalk them.
Great things to smile about! I'm so glad that the kids are home, where they belong! I also am glad that football season is starting up. I'm glad to watch a different sport now and I'm also glad that you've been sucked into the love of Nascar. I just wish my boy was doing better. He's been in an awful slump here for awhile. Poor guy!
Brian and I also quite enjoy our little stops to Costco. It is actually one of our more favorite places to go to and we usually bring the kids along so that we can stop on the way out and eat dinner. Not many places that we can feed my family of 5 for $18.00 and get dessert too and its yummy!!!
Oh and I also have to admit that Brent and I both share the fasination with the polygs. In fact when we came for your wedding we stopped at Walmart and I was just as fasinated at them all as he was!
Well I hope you guys have another super week!
Love you all,
JoLynn
P.S. We'll let you know about the camping trip. I'm not quite sure yet what's going to happen there.
LOVED this post! You are such a cute family. Costco is the place for good pizza and churros. I was just telling my sister (who has never had a Costco churro) how yummy they are!
Post a Comment