"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not In A Million Years...

...Did I EVER think that I, not only would be watching NASCAR on TV but actually attending a race. This is a "sport" I have been making fun of for years. I remember this sweet lady in my last ward who would wear her NASCAR denim jacket to church each Sunday over her ruffled floral drop waist dress and how I would laugh inside. Now, I could understand wearing a BYU tie or these men who wear team pins on their lapels...that made sense to me...but a NASCAR denim jacket was beyond my comprehension...UNTIL...I married Brent. He has opened my eyes to so many new and interesting ideas...such as..NASCAR.


I cannot tell you how or why I came to receive these FREE tickets to the race today but I can say we had a BLAST! Our seats were amazing. It was LOUD, fast and addicting. Will I be back??? OH YEAH , perhaps in my new NASCAR denim jacket!...but defiantly in my Kyle Busch t-shirt.
Whether its NASCAR, curling, Brett Favre???...anything is fabulous and entertaining with Brent Wendell by my side!

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I've only been to the Nascar Races once but it was a blast! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Love Ya,
JoLynn

Marianne said...

When I was a little girl my Dad would always watch the Indy 500 and other races on TV. Kinda boring on the small screen! It was only exciting when someone crashed or if the last lap was close! I think I might change my mind if I had a chance like you did! How fun! And oh yeah, everything is more fun if Brent is a fan!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...not in a million years did I think one of my darling little girls, who used to wear lacy/frilly dresses and bows in their hair, would end up at a NASCAR race...but stranger things have happened for sure. I'm glad you had a good time. There's always room for new experiences in life...now if we could get you behind the wheel, driving one of those cars and making the big bucks, we'd have it made.

Kaci said...

Oh man Kami... what has happened to you? It's like I don't even know you anymore. But seriously, it is one of Raleigh's wishes to go to the racetrack in Las Vegas. So maybe Brent can take him next time and you and I can (here is where I start laughing my head off) "go shopping". Have mom fill you in on that joke if you don't already know it.

The fly-fisherman said...

Wow- you were redneckin' it! Did you shave your driver's number into the hair on your back?
I bet it was fun to be there.

McArthurs said...

We used to go to the races when I was little and I would cry the whole time and my parents would make one of my sisters go sit in the car with me.... no one invites me anymore!! But it looks fun!!!