"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break in AZ:: Part I

Friday evening after driving for 4 hours to drop the kids of for their Spring Break in SLC, Brent and I hopped back in the car and drove to Arizona to spend a week in the...sunshine??? Well at least it started out that way.

Saturday morning we joined the Mortensen's at Discovery Park for Gavyn's first day of football. The weather was just right. The sun was out and it was clear and beautiful. A perfect day to spend outside.

Gavyn played GREAT! Two touchdowns (however both were called back...dumb ref). He is quick and knows right where to be at the right time! We were so impressed. Good job Gav.


That night all us adults met up at Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then over to Dick and Sherri's for a game of 7-up and "AZ Kami Treats"...thanks Dick you are the BEST. Brent was SO close to winning his first game but then JoLynn slid in at the end and dominated. I however managed to stay in the negative for the entire game...but for all who know me the whole reason I play games with this family is so that ONE DAY Morty will get so mad that he will swear...or something close to it. I can tell that day will come soon. He is getting more fed up with each game we play. I LOVE IT!


Sunday we went to church...Brent and I spent some "quality time" together. Then the rains came tumbling down and the floods came up!! It poured and hasn't stopped since. We had a family BBQ with the worlds largest burgers and watched some Oscars. Good times so far!


Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love Gavyn's facial expression. What a great photographer!

McArthurs said...

Did you say Texas Roadhouse???? Do you not remember what happens there. Where you just waiting for a repeat?? Haha! Looks like you guys are having a great time.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Sounds like fun! And I hope I get to meet your husband someday... He seems WAY awesome and you totally DESERVE it!!!

I'd like to have you come to my baby shower for our little Tyler - if you want to come just send me your address.
tonyamaewilson@gmail.com