It seems like lately there has been plenty of talk about the creation…Maybe because it was last week’s lesson in Priesthood/Relief Society or maybe others have attended the temple recently…I am not quite sure but many people are discussing Adam and Eve…and that dad gum fruit and WHO is truly to blame. Now keep reading because this post has absolutely NOTHING to do with transgression or placing blame…it merely has to with the fact that YESTERDAY I felt that EVE did me a HUGE favor.
Yesterday I had the day off and my sweet sis-in-law Lyndsey and bro-in-law Bryan were in Las Vegas for a trade show. Bryan was in classes and conventions all day so I drove down to spend the day with Lyndsey.
Although I have been in this family for 2 years now Lyndsey and I have never really had the chance to spend time, just the 2 of us. This was the perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other a little better and to “BOND”…and believe me BONDING WE DID!
Bryan offered Lyndsey and I an opportunity to get a spa treatment to start our day. After much discussion and pamphlet reading we decided on an aromatherapy, 1 hour massage. Sounds relaxing huh? I met Lyndsey at their hotel, The Palazzo…SUPER nice…I will let her tell you all about THAT.
We got to the spa 30 minutes early as requested. We signed in, charged the treatment to the room and were lead back into the most luxurious, high maintenance place I have ever been, where we were given our own slippers, full length soft thick bathrobe, a locker for each of us, a bath towel, razor, shower cap and everything you would ever need to take a hot steamy shower, our own vanity stocked with hair care products and facial products. We were then given the tour of the facility. Sauna, spray tan station, lounge with food and beverage and many other rooms that I am not sure what they were called or what they were used for. So Lyndsey and I went into the dressing rooms, got undressed and slipped into our bathrobes. We had about 20 minutes to kill so we ventured out to take in the full experience…well we had NO IDEA!!!
Upon my suggestion we headed straight to the sauna. Two steps into the sauna hallway is where I spotted him…Santa Clause standing NAKED then laying NAKED in the sauna. Not a stitch of clothes, towel, bathrobe on him…except his small little slippers still on his feet…like those were what needed to be covered?? I turned, grabbed Lyndz and we headed out of that room and into the lounge where everyone was wearing bathrobes. We sat down to relax and regain our composure when Lyndsey spotted the next one…a small Asian lady in a bathrobe that was completely open and her legs open as well. I would say 8-10 more naked people crossed our path that morning…they were like black cats that were cursing us with bad luck and the bad luck was coming in the form of UN-attractive NAKED people!
So my point in bringing up EVE…boy I would have eaten the fruit too…lets please discover that nakedness and COVER THAT STUFF UP!!!
Lyndsey and I had side by side massages…yep we got naked too…in the same room. I wanted to BOND with Lyndsey but this was a little much for a “First Date”. But our massages were fabulous, completely relaxing and oily! We had the much needed energy to head to lunch and then to the outlets for shopping!
It was a FUN and MEMORABLE day. I am glad that I have someone to share those memories with…someone with a contagious great laugh…so we can relive that experience and laugh about it always…together!...and NOT NAKED!
Thanks Lyndz and Bryan for a wonderful day! Love you guys! And YES I forgot my camera so I will have to steal some pictures from Lyndsey later!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Umm...no camera needed! Your descriptions were enough! I will see Santa dude all day in my head! Aaaaaaa!!!!! Such brave ladies you are! If there is a "next time" you should take a few fig leaves and pass them out!
O.K. I'm going to try again here! I have been trying to leave a comment but for whatever reason it keeps giving me this message that there is an error. I've been having a lot of trouble with my blog lately.
O.k. so about this post-I've never laughed so hard in my whole life. I just picture the Santa Clause naked dude and yours and Lynz's faces. Oh man I bet that was hysterical!
I was so jealous of you guys getting to play together and go to a fancy spa and get massages. However, NOW I'm still jealous of all of that but I could do without seeing all the ugly naked people. Even more I'm sure you and Lynz could do without BONDING with me naked. Good grief, it's bad enough Brian has to see this bod naked. However, he at least has the memories of the pre-baby/old lady naked body. My bod now may be very traumatizing to you ladies.
I'm glad that you guys were able to make memories together, have fun, laugh, and BOND:)
I miss and love you all!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Thank you Eve, thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't know Kam, I've had many massages and have never seen a naked person there, it makes me wonder about this Spa that Bryan hooked you up with...scary...and in Vegas no less. Oh well, I'm glad you got home safe and that you and Lyndsey had a good time and a few laughs.
First, I want to comment on Sweet Eve... because we had that lesson a while back, and here it is. That partaking of the fruit was THE PLAN all along. She HAD to partake. She was going to partake no matter what. SHE made it so we are all here doing what we are doing. Let's all leave the poor girl alone... she did exactly what she was supposed to do, when she was supposed to do it and how she was supposed to do it. And I applaud her bravery.
Second, I hate naked. You know that. I am sweating as I am reading this. I am jealous that you got to go to such a fabuloso place, I could use some R and R, but nudity is NEVER relaxing.
Third, I am glad that you go the chance to get to know Lyndsey better. It is nice to get to talk and bond with people that are important to your spouse. I am looking forward to meeting JoLynn. I think I am really going to love her.
Well, I was enjoying that right lovely post, getting all relaxed myself... I could smell the oils, see the posh scenery, started getting goosebumps at the massage possibilities and then you mention the nudie santa clause and I THREW UP IN MY MOUTH! Thanks. And then the Asian lady. Yep, you guessed it - rinse and repeat. SICK! SICK!!!!!!! I'm glad you guys are able to laugh about it now. I hope they were able to wash your eyes out with soap along with the "Full Package" treatment. I guess when they say "Full Package" that it means more than one thing...eh?? ;)
I am not sure why some people are so comfortable with their nakedness... especially those that shouldn't be!!! I see so much nakedness at work everyday. Those elderly patients don't give a crap who sees them naked, and let me tell you age 75+ and naked is nothing lovely to look at.
What a laugh, I have never laughed harder than I did while reading your post. But I almost did when I read JoLynns about her trimm young body. Little does she know what's in store for her. Some day she will be 87 and than she will realize how good she looks now. And it will come faser than she thinks. Kori is right. 75 and naked is not pretty. However I looked much better when I was 75 than I do now. This is the way it was planned for us to turn out so I will not complain too much. Just be grateful for the good health I have had so that I will hopefully be able to enjoy the next ten yeard (?). Some where along the way we just have to quit fighting the inevitable. Love you all so much.
Grandma Helen
JoLynn, At least Brian CAN remember you PRE-baby. Poor Brent only knows this body!! Believe my it aint pretty. I can barely be naked with myself. YUCK!! There was a time that my rump didn't touch the backs of my knees. OH how I long for those days!
I did have a blast! I must say though our faces when we turned almost every corner and saw a new and exciting naked person were priceless! The last naked women was the most surprising to me. After getting dressed and shutting my locker and seeing your face and not realizind that it meant don't look behindme and I did. WOW, the matching blue underwear and bra but the bra still on the floor AHAHA> At least were turned our heads when we undressed in each others presence.
BAH HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAH!!! !!!! You are freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment