We then put on our "Spring Time" clothes, which is all we brought, paid a few hundred dollars to get the truck back in good shape and went to lunch with JoLynn at Flancers. One shrimp and cheese sandwich for me please...It was DELICIOUS!
Today the sun FINALLY came out!...A good thing too since Brent and I drove 50 miles out to Goodyear with NON-refundable tickets in hand for the Indians vs Padres game. One GRAND SLAM from my man Grady Sizemore and it clinched the game for our Cleveland Indians! We had third row seats right at home plate which we left to go sit out in right field, people free and roomy, legs up, heads back and in perfect place to catch fly balls...which three nearly KILLED fans sitting within rows of us. An older man...clocked in the mouth, another gentleman right on the bill of his hat...he was turned around and didn't even see it coming and another lady serving "Ice Cold Lemonade" bent over...the ball hit smack dab in the ice chest which her rump was peeking out from behind. I have to say I was slightly on edge the whole game.

It has been such a fun trip. I have run a total of 9 1/2 miles, slept in until 7:00, played a little Rock Band with the Mortensen's, shopped, ate and there is still more to come!
Stay tuned!

6 comments:
Fun Fun Fun!!! and you deserve it all!
But shrimp and cheese??? sounds a little odd but glad you enjoyed it!
Have fun! Karen ~
I'm glad to hear you finally are having some good weather (good job Brent for braving the puddles and feeding the starving animal). We, on the other hand, have had cloudy skies and drizzly rain, plus it's freezing. The ball game looks really fun and I'm happy the Indians won. I hope the weather continues to be warm for the rest of your stay in the "desert".
FYI...Today a State Trooper was on his way to a fatal accident on I-15, he was headed up River Rd. with his siren on and lights flashing. In front of our Stake Center two women were turning into the Church and obviously didn't see him coming and he T-boned their car, killing both of them. We're trying to find out who the women are, their probably from our Stake. We're sad.
P.S. The Jazz are winning by 20 at the half. I agree with Karen...Shrimp and cheese???
It's been good times, good visits, for the most part good food, and lots of laughs. It's been fun to get to spend so much quality time with you and Brent!
Love You!
JoLynn
Man o man! Look at that weather! I am dying! You two look tanned and healthy. All of us pasty white northerners will have to wait a few more weeks to start on our farmer tans!
So glad Brent got out to feed the horse! Geesh! Rain is keeping the horse from food?? Come on you spoiled Zonies down there! Brent looked cuter in his little red galoshes many years ago but is still a good lookin' guy!
Man you guys are having so much fun it is going to be hard to come home!!! Especially since it is supposed to rain and be cold on Saturday (AGAIN).
Post a Comment