"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break AZ::Part IV

I remember sitting in Sunday School when I was 12 years old when "The New Girl" walked in. Isa Marie Noel. At that moment I knew she and I would be friends but I had no idea that we would become best friends, life long friends and that her friendship would mean...and still to this day...mean the world to me.
I was lucky enough to get to see her for dessert and "White Chili??" from Cheesecake Factory. Isa is an amazing woman. I admire her strength and commitment. What she continues to endure, with that beautiful smile on her face, is more than most could handle. I love her and I appreciate her friendship more than she will ever know.


Earlier that day Brent and I headed over to the Case's for a brief visit, a little catch with Joshua, some excellent reading with Jaclyn and ASU talk with Howard. Hopefully next time we will get to spend more time...and have lunch!
On Thursday Brent and I got into the truck to make a quick trip to visit some dear friends/family. I had to take a picture of Brent opening my car door because it is SO RARE. Just look at his face...its like torture! :)


Meet Elliott and Brooke Brook! Brooke is a member of the famous Gonzales family, which includes but is not limited to Brandi, Stormy, Sunny, Sharon, Danny, that Brent met on his mission in Oregon. I have heard so much about all of them over the last two years...funny stories, heart touching tales. I was excited to finally get to meet a member of their family. I can see why Brent adores them. Brooke is absolutely darling, she is real, she is take it or leave it, a true friend. I love people who feel the spirit so strong that it guides them daily in all they do. It was such a pleasure to get to spend part of our day with them. I can't wait to meet the rest of the family.


For...as JoLynn calls it..."The Ellsworth Last Supper" we went to El Charro...an Ellsworth family favorite. Pretty dang tasty! Although I must admit the Gecko is still my #1, El Charro definitely ranks on the top on my list. Mostly I just enjoy all of us being together, sick...broken eyeballs and all!



Brent and I got up the next morning and drove to the ranch to visit with Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Nancy before we hit the road. Jerry walked us around and showed us all the new colts and his new recognized accomplishments...a beautiful new trophy he was awarded a couple of months ago. I always love visiting with them, I leave with a full heart and a feeling of peace.
Then Brent and I drove home. I am always sad to leave AZ but this time was just down right HARD. I enjoyed every second of our trip. I loved visiting with JoLynn and our usual late night chats, playing with the kids, eating with the family and yelling/swearing during card games (one day Morty...one day), visiting dear friends and spending time alone with my best friend. I feel very fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful family and that we have such a fun place to call home and spend all our vacations. I can't wait for the next time!
We love all of you and miss you already. Lyndz...see you in VEGAS!!

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It was a wonderful visit! I was so sad Friday after you guys left. I honestly felt right down mopy. We so enjoyed having you guys here with us this week. We are looking forward to another visit with you guys and maybe this summer we'll get up there.

Love you,
JoLynn

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

It is always so hard to leave and come back to reality. I am sure you missed the kids and your own beds after a while, but it is still hard. Glad you had fun and that you made it home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Isa. I, too, remember when you were 12 and she was 12, what a fun time that was! Also, love the picture of Brent...that face...it says it all! It sounds like it was a perfect vacation, I'm sorry that it was hard for you to leave but I'M glad you're home.

Kaci said...

Man... Non stop action with you guys. I would sure appreciate it if you could put together an itenerary for me for when we are down there. Please include dinner with the Ellsworths once or twice. And maybe a car door opening or two. Isa is amazing and very strong... but she was always like that. I admire her. And I love that picture of the two of you. Glad you are home safe.

thiakaren said...

You steal away! I would love to read your life "today"

Its a fun prompt when you cant think of what to write.

although I love everything you write about!

Hugs K

Gena said...

I LOVE that you take the time to write! And take pictures! My latest pictures are of "Flat Stanley" for Ella (I need to get her project in the mail!). I didn't even take the time to snap tons of pictures I could have gotten of the girls last musical!

Let Brent know, gently, that opening car doors is a sign that he doesn't take you for granted. Or not so gently. He needs to man up!

Oh, and let me stir the pot (if just to give someone a hard time). Tell Brent to take a look at the blanket Marianne has her dog wrapped up in from her 2nd to the last post. It's a "calfy" blanket Helen always promised Brent could have. There, I've done my mischief for the day.