Thanksgiving in Arizona has become a favorite tradition for Brent and me. The kids go to SLC every Thanksgiving so we get to travel to visit our family that we don’t see as often as we would like. It’s nice to know that we can look forward to spending Brent’s favorite holiday with all of them.
We made a lot of memories this weekend…many wonderful things to remember and a couple less joyous.
Brent and I arrived Wednesday evening and were met with hugs, as always, and pizza! We settled in and visited with the family.
Thursday morning we woke EARLY (you will see a pattern forming here) and went for a 5 mile run around Gilbert. When we got home we drove over to Dick and Sherri’s for a quick hello and some TASTY cookies that “The BEST Father-in-law Ever" whipped up just for me! Yummy butter cookies with rice crispies, coconut, pecans…and a lot of other favorites! I literally ate them the entire weekend.
We made a lot of memories this weekend…many wonderful things to remember and a couple less joyous.
Brent and I arrived Wednesday evening and were met with hugs, as always, and pizza! We settled in and visited with the family.
Thursday morning we woke EARLY (you will see a pattern forming here) and went for a 5 mile run around Gilbert. When we got home we drove over to Dick and Sherri’s for a quick hello and some TASTY cookies that “The BEST Father-in-law Ever" whipped up just for me! Yummy butter cookies with rice crispies, coconut, pecans…and a lot of other favorites! I literally ate them the entire weekend.
Thanksgiving this year was at the Mortensen’s home. Very festive, very delicious, loud but most of all entertaining! A little tramp dodge ball, a few profanity filled games of seven-up, football and food that never ended…pies from heaven and more cookies. We went home feeling overstuffed and miserable.
Friday morning we woke up EARLIER and began our Black Friday fiasco…which started with Brian threatening the ATM machine and spouting words that I cannot repeat and lead to Wal-Mart with some pushing and shoving, great deals, mucho money spent and ended at Best Buy with a big screen TV.
We went home to drop off our purchases, picked up the Ellsworth kids and headed to Chandler Mall to finish up our shopping adventures for the day. After we finished up shopping we loaded up the cars, sent most children home with the Mortensen’s and went back to Brian and JoLynn’s…where to our dismay we found little Mollie (the dog) dead in the backyard. She had been kicked in the head by one of the horses. It was quite tragic and has taken a toll on the family. (see JoLynn’s blog)That night with sad hearts we ventured out to Gecko Grill for dinner and then to the Mesa Temple for the lighting of the Christmas lights. This night was my very favorite night. Some of my favorite memories were made that night. From the Canadians who asked “Who the HELL is Max Hall?"...as he flipped the switch, as the celebrity guest of honor, to turn on the lights... to Conner reprimanding JoLynn and I for swearing, giggling and acting immature “on the Temple grounds." I also made a memory when the ONLY lights that didn’t light were the ones that members of our very own family had helped put up days prior.


Saturday morning we woke up EARLY…for no reason at all…so I went running. Then we lounged around most of the day, watched football and cared for Minnie. Poor little lonely puppy misses her friend. Yep, she got my sympathy, my blanket and my food.
Brent and I got up early on Sunday morning and headed home. It is always very hard for us to leave Arizona. We miss our family. But I am thankful for all the memories made, for all the love and friendship we share and look forward to going back SOON!

5 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend with lighthearted in-laws. No one understand my need and the humor in profanity. So I'm kinda jealous. *sigh*
I love your new blog Christmas theme -- It's WAY cute!
We had so much fun, good laughs, and tons of memories made. I'm so glad that you guys were here with us to share in yet another memorable fun filled Thanksgiving (all but the part about Mollie). However, I am glad that you guys were there to give us the moral support and love. You guys are awesome!
We love you guys and we are sure looking forward to you all coming for another visit SOON!!!
Love Ya,
JoLynn
Another wonderful holiday for the Ellsworth family. Looks like tons of fun, food, and some good deals too. I'm happy that everyone had such a great time. P.S. I'm sure sad about Mollie though.
Thanks for all of the pictures! I miss those guys so much! (you and Brent too, of course!)
Thanks for being good to poor Minnie too! I feel so badly for her, missing her best friend and all!
I am with Conner. I would have scolded you too. Really, girls...on the Temple grounds?? (I know you can't help yourselves and that's why I love you!)
Yeah... another visit to AZ. So happy about your Best Buy purchase and that you have the best father in law in the world and that you got to go to Geckos and that you made it home safely. Love the picture of Brent on the Trampoline... so funny and I am so sad about Mollie. Looks like you had another great visit with a super fun family. Hope to see you soon.... If my new and hopefully cool boss approves my time off request.
Post a Comment