I bet this congregation wasn't required to attend last weeks Saturday afternoon leadership meetings, the adult session Saturday night after they have worked all day, Elders Quorum visits on Tuesday, Visiting Teaching interviews all week???...PHEW.
What would we do with all our extra time???
I guess the answer is miss out on all the blessings that come from HUMBLY serving the Lord. Yeah I guess I like my...EVERY WEEK, 3 HOUR CHURCH.


7 comments:
Hey, I'm in. Where do I sign up?
That sign has "chocolate chips" all over it!
Count me in!!! I wonder if they serve breakfast and lunch too!
The hardest part of church for me is getting ready. Finding 2 shoes for each child, finding an outfit that actually fits, doing all the hair. By the time we get there, I am exhausted and need a nap. I think once a month church is for me.
I love that the sign never actually mentions Christ. The closest it gets to admitting what the church preaches is the little bitty fishy at the bottom. But who needs that kind of info with such a catchy attention getter?
there are lots of days that I feel the same way about church... sometimes even feeling like its a chore. Then I think of how blessed I am everyday and think to myself that going to church 3x a week for 2-3hrd each time is kinda paying off for me. Bring on the church!
The "getting there part is awful for me. I have a hard time doing that so early in the morning. Once I get there it is a nice escape from the weekly grind.
The thing that actually caught my attention was the "once-a-month" part. In the early 70-'s there was a scandalous article in The Reader's Digest (of all places!) Called "Are You a Once-a-Month Witch?" Early P.M.S. advice??
Post a Comment