Oh the simple small things…they happen each day and go unrecognized by most but they are the things that make our world go 'round and fill our hearts with joy.
To go along with his gorgeous face Brent has a great laugh. Sometimes I find him sitting on our bed all alone, knees to his chest, literally pointing and laughing at whatever show he has chosen to watch…it is usually Nitro Circus or Rob and Big that really gets him going. I find myself just standing back watching him and loving him more and more. He makes me laugh everyday and you know what they say…"they" meaning Mort Walker… Seven days without laughter makes one "weak".
After weighing himself a week or so ago Gavin came to me and said he wanted to start being healthier like his mom. He wanted to start eating the food I separately prepare for myself each night, running, working out, etc. I am somewhat proud that Brent and I have given him a healthy example to follow but on the other hand…Healthy food is pricey and cheese hot dogs are only $.96 at Wal-Mart! He wants to run along side of me but 1 mile is about his max and his pace is even slow for me and he seems to find the most inopportune times to do sit-ups…during FHE, home teacher visits or in the middle of the healthy expensive dinner I have just cooked for him.
So the solutions: Multi-grain Cheerios, $1 fat-free smoothies for snacks and a lot of chicken, salmon and ground turkey dishes for dinner. Running on the treadmill seems to work as well (with strict rules about when) and sit-ups can be done after homework but before dinner.
I have some of the greatest friends…and we are all blessed to be moms. I was lucky to get to spend some time with them this week at Alisha’s baby shower. A bunch of moms together...just get it. We can relate, we can sympathize, we can counsel but most of all we can LAUGH. Although motherhood is hard there is nothing greater than being a mom…and nothing greater than being a mom spending a night without kids with a bunch of other moms…celebrating our precious gifts from our Heavenly Father.
(Alisha...mommy to be)
(Dawn, Tammy, me and Melea)
So the solutions: Multi-grain Cheerios, $1 fat-free smoothies for snacks and a lot of chicken, salmon and ground turkey dishes for dinner. Running on the treadmill seems to work as well (with strict rules about when) and sit-ups can be done after homework but before dinner.I have some of the greatest friends…and we are all blessed to be moms. I was lucky to get to spend some time with them this week at Alisha’s baby shower. A bunch of moms together...just get it. We can relate, we can sympathize, we can counsel but most of all we can LAUGH. Although motherhood is hard there is nothing greater than being a mom…and nothing greater than being a mom spending a night without kids with a bunch of other moms…celebrating our precious gifts from our Heavenly Father.
(Alisha...mommy to be)
(Dawn, Tammy, me and Melea)Savanna loves to sing. Savanna loves to sing like she is on the stage of Broadway. She sings with vibrato…forced vibrato I might add…and with gusto.
She performed in her first opera at school this week where she played the two-headed Medusa. She sang her little heart out. One day you just might catch her singing on an actual stage…and I will be there on the front row!
Really...it's the everyday small things that keep us happy...smiles, hugs and kisses...kind words of encouragement and appreciation. I am so blessed to be surrounded by them!
She performed in her first opera at school this week where she played the two-headed Medusa. She sang her little heart out. One day you just might catch her singing on an actual stage…and I will be there on the front row!
I love to listen to my children talk about one another...They always have the sweetest things to say...
Savanna got in the car a few weeks ago...
Savanna: Gavin how come Dennis walked away when I came up to you at the flag pole?
Gavin: Well I am sure he was nervous...you ARE the prettiest girl in the whole school"
Savanna getting her hair done one morning...
Savanna: Mom have you seen the new pictures Gavin drew?
Mom: Yes...aren't they good?
Savanna: He is the best artist I know...I'm not sure if he is as good as that Da Vinci guy but he is sure close.
Really...it's the everyday small things that keep us happy...smiles, hugs and kisses...kind words of encouragement and appreciation. I am so blessed to be surrounded by them!



6 comments:
Cute post, Kam. It is fun to look around for the small and simple things in life and then take a minute to be thankful for them because, like you said, they do become the "big" things, the things that are most important to us.
The Ellsworth Clan is going to be one healthy bunch...and skinny too. Good for you! I thought Savanna did a great job in her opera last night, I remember when she was so shy that she would hardly speak to anyone, now she's up on stage...so fun! As always, Gavin and the Sunset Express were darling and Gavin always sings with such "feeling". What a crack-up! Gavin and Savanna really do say such nice things ABOUT each other and also TO each other. It is such a blessing to have children who get along and are kind.
It is the small and simple things that get us through this life and end up being the big things in the end.
I love how sweet Gavin and Savanna are to each other. What a sweet good kids! Who have awesome examples to them.
We sure love and miss you all!
JoLynn
Holy Crap!!! You will NOT believe this.... but I posted MY post before I even saw your post. I swear on my life. Are we in tune or what?? Let's be friends. Very cute pictures. The one of Gavin on the treadmill is my fav. But I also LOVE that cake. Makes me want to have another baby just so I can have a cake like that at my shower... that I would have to throw for myself. But I would just so that I could have a cute cake like that. As for the having another baby comment... that was just a joke (cuz I know mom is having a small coronary right now.)
PS. thanks for everything these past couple of weeks. Your support and outlook means everything to me.
:Loves:
What a sweet post! Your family is darling! Your children really are very complimentary of each other. I am always amazed at how kind they are to one another.
That cake was very cute, and I hope Kaci has another baby so she can have a cake like that! Rather it be her than me. When you have 6kids already, what's one more?!! Hahaha... just trying to get mom fired up!
But Kac...your cake would look funny and off balance with FOUR blocks. G I R L just doesn't work as good as B O Y. And we all know the likelyhood of you having a boy in 1 and 6???
This is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read. :)
Post a Comment