"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A LITTLE ELLSWORTH Family Reunion in AZ!

This weekend Grandma Helen, Aunt Gena and Emily came from Colorado to Arizona for a short trip. I had never met Aunt Gena and Emily before...well in the blog world, YES...but never face to face. So when Brent and I learned they were coming we started planning our weekend getaway too. It turns out that Garrett (Hyde) had a Baseball tournament in Gilbert this very weekend as well and the Hyde's and the Little's had already made their plans and reservations to come for the week...so it quickly turned into a Family Reunion of sorts.

It started, for our family, on Thursday when after a long day of work we packed the car and began our long drive to AZ. We arrived late Thursday night and met up with Brian and JoLynn and their family at their home. It was a tiring day for all so once we visited for a short time we all headed straight to bed.

Early Friday morning the AZ Ellsworth clan had work, meetings and school so us St George Ellsworth's met up with the Little's and Hyde's at the ball park for a little baseball in the nice warm SUNSHINE. The ball park was only about 4 miles from Brian and JoLynn's house so it made for a nice little run for Brent and I.

They played well but lost that game...after winning the day before.
After the game JoLynn picked up the kids from school and we all went to breakfast at the local IHOP. You would think we could have come up with a better place to eat on our vacation but Nance was Hell Bent on having breakfast and since she and Dad actually KNEW HOW to get to the IHOP after being lost for three days we figured IHOP was the only solution.

Friday night Brent and I and our kids went to dinner at Gecko with Dick and Sherrie, Grandma, Gena, Emily, Grandma's Sister Shirley and her daughter Babs, who were visiting from Texas. Now thats what I'm talkin about...great food...nothing better in my opinion...and great company.

Saturday morning...more baseball, more SUN...and then a BBQ at the Mortenson's that housed 30 people.
A lot of Ellsworth's and a little Little's. (plus a few extras)



As always tons of GOOD food...too good...darn you Lyndz!
A lot of loudness, laughter, fun and games...a little trash talking, swearing and name calling too...of course.
Multiple PHOTOS opps as well.
This morning we woke up early, packed the car and headed home with heavy hearts.
It is so hard for us to leave each time we visit. We always have such a wonderful time with all our family and we wish we could stay forever. Hopefully next time we can stay longer than 2 days...and hopefully that next time will be SOON!
It was a joyful trip...a blast meeting Aunt Gena (and all the other ladies), she is definitely Dick's sister! I just can't help but wonder how in the world sweet Aunt Marianne survived in that household??
We LOVE you ALL...thanks for a wonderful trip and thanks for welcoming the Little's into your homes...and hearts. Brent and I are so blessed to be loved by so many amazing people.
We recognize how lucky we are...not only that the Lord brought the two of us together (which is and will always be our best blessing) but that he sent us to families like YOU!

5 comments:

Kaci said...

I'm so jealous for so many reasons. And if I wasn't sobbing my heart out right now, I'd say more. But I am. So I can't. You look like you all had a great time. And everyone looks so cute. I have loved my visits to Arizona. Hopefully, We'll get to see you soon

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It was a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad that you guys got to be here and I wish that Aunt Marianne and Kaci would have got to be there too!

We already miss you-tons!

Love You!
JoLynn

Marianne said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time! I am quite jealous as well. My children would laugh if they read your comment and tell you that I am not as sweet as you think...I can be a little rascally when I want to be! I will never top Gena and Richard however. They have a monopoly!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am glad you were able to come to AZ! It was fun to have so much family with us. It looks like you had a blast with Brent's family. Now back to reality!

Gena said...

I was so thrilled to meet the woman who made Brent SOOOO happy, and now I get to see why. It was a blast at the Morty's house that night and, after your Aleve, I didn't even feel the, uh, age related effects of the trampoline. Love your honey, love your parents, love your kids and love you!

ps. I've wondered about Marianne being so sweet too. I guess some of us have to keep the Ellsworth clan from premature translation...