"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Week in Review

It’s been an eventful week to say the least. Emotional, I guess, entertaining, satisfying perhaps…and yet NO pictures to speak of (except a couple I stole from other blogs). So try to read along even though it may feel as boring as a children’s book with no illustrations.

The kids have been gone to SLC for Spring Break so it has just been Brent and I doing what Brent and I do best…enjoying each other (vavavavoom), spending time with family and friends, running, watching A LOT of basketball and loving an extra clean house.

Here is a brief re-cap of the events of the week…

1. Dad had a “Rough Surgery”. I won’t go into too many details…if you want a better account please visit Kori’s blog. Dad had what we THINK was a cyst…possibly a tumor…the results are still “inconclusive”. Whoever invented that word obviously has never had someone close to them awaiting any type of result. It is not a fun word, it’s not reassuring in any way but it is all we have…at the moment. Dad is looking better, feeling better and seems back to his old funny self. But it was hard on all of us…especially Mom, who kept it together despite no real answer. For me seeing Dad in the hospital room immediately following his surgery was the hardest part. My dad is strong, tough and has always been our protector. It broke my heart seeing him so weak and even a little scared…it was so UN-like him. I am SO glad he is back to his normal healthy self.

2. I ran my first Race. Yep…I have worked approximately 542 races over the past 6 years and had yet to run a single race. This weekend Brent and I were supposed to be out of town and the Spectrum 10K was being held on Saturday. When we decided to stay home this weekend I figured I would help out at the race. So I worked a few hours in the morning, helped with packet pick up, loaded the buses etc…then I jumped on the last bus and ran the race. Just less than 49 minutes later I crossed the finish line ALL ALONE…not a single person clapping for me (that I knew anyway), no signs made, no pictures taken…nothing! I remember when Brent ran his first race here in STG…he and Kori ran the Midnight 5K…the entire family came…AT MIDNIGHT no less…to cheer them on. BOOHOOHOO poor neglected selfish last child whose family didn’t put their “surgery having, emotional breakdown trauma, money making work venture…amongst many other far more important things…lives” on hold to come watch me cross the finish line. (totally kidding mom…I don’t really care…well not that much anyway)


(Thanks to my dear friend Michael for the photos!
Look at the size of those biceps...what is going on there?)
3. We had Breakfast with the UTAH Adair’s. David and Stephanie who we just love and have gotten to be friends with through gatherings involving food and blogging (the relationship is a little unusual I guess but appreciated nonetheless…David is Brent’s EX-wife's uncle) were here in St George for Bradon’s Super League Baseball Tournament. So we were able to meet up with them and Stephanie’s DARLING parents for “Brunch” at the Cracker Barrel. It was so fun getting to know them better and spending more time with them. We look forward to another opportunity to share in their lives and eat good food.


4. March Madness…That is RIGHT…I am currently hanging on in FIRST place…and have been the entire tourney…with Kaci at a close second. When I say I am gonna open a can…I MEAN IT!

5. My handsome Hubby is leaving me…for the beach, the sunshine, the sound of waves crashing on the sand and the fresh scent of salty ocean. San Diego here he comes. I am SUPER jealous…but most of all feeling lonely already. Three LONG days without his face, without his kisses, without his feet warming my feet at night. DAMN that ALSCO for providing him another wonderful opportunity!!

Well that’s our life in a nutshell…for now. The kids come home today! YIPHEEEE! I miss their faces as well…and their kisses.

Until we meet again…ENJOY this DAY!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post Kam. As always, a busy week for you and probably another busy one this week too. I love the pictures of you running, I feel like I was there! Sorry we missed it but we, for sure, won't miss the next one, even if it means going up to SLC. I'm sure proud of you, I never thought you'd become a runner. I'm sorry about Brent going out of town (although I'm sure he will have a great time) I hate it when my kids aren't where they are supposed to be...like at home. So having said that, I'm really glad the kids are coming home today. Soon things will be back to normal on many fronts.

Rebecca said...

Hey Hottie! Seriously looking good in those running pictures. I love that you are aging so well:) Ha! Just kidding - we'll never get old.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Sheesh, girl, you make Barbie look like a blimp!

I thought I was the only one that stuck my feet (the temperature of ice cubes) on my husband each night to warm them up... Good girl! Heeeheee!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your week has certainly been an eventful one. I hope all goes well with your Dad. We will continue to keep him in our prayers. We just love your parents!!! They are just awesome! Congrats on your race running. That is awesome. I'm sorry you didn't have fan club there cheering you on but I'm sure they will be next time. Tell Brent to have a fabulous time on his little get away. Brian is going to a little town near Houston, TX. this weekend. We'll have to tell you about later. Oh and I'm so glad the kids are home safe!

We love and miss you!
JoLynn

Kaci said...

Wow. Very impressive on SO many levels. Continue to amaze me, you do.

Marianne said...

How can you look so darn good while running a race? My goal is just to be able to walk around the block in a week or two!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Good job you! I told you running is addictive. You will be running a marathon before we know it.

McArthurs said...

I am so sorry I missed the race.. You know I would have been there cheering and maybe crying (because thats what I apparently do for some reason)!! I am happy to hear that your dad is doing better its never fun not knowing.. Thanks for inviting me to lunch the other day it was super fun and we need to do it more....

Gena said...

Inspirational, you are! I hate being away from my sweet honey too. Dang jobs and making a living! You've probably gotten back into the swing with the kids and Brent and are loving every minute of it. And I agree with Marianne. You look pretty good while running a race.