"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Not a SINGLE DROP was shed...

...of pee that is!


Yes folks you heard it right...Kami Ellsworth ran 13.1 miles and not an ounce of urine escaped her body!



On a less personal note:



Today Brent and I ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon in Provo Utah.



Our alarms went off at 2:30 am. We quickly threw on our compression socks and running attire and left the Lund's home clear out in Eagle Mountain to make the 3:30 bus loading.



As we loaded our bus we were given a raffle ticket...just as our bus departed they announced the ticket number for the winner of the $100 gift certificate to be used for new running shoes...and I WON! I never win! I was so excited...well as excited as someone can be at 3:30 am.



The bus drove us up Provo Canyon a couple miles north of the Sundance turn off...it seemed like a VERY long bus ride! I was so nervous because I did not feel ready for this run.



We met up with our dear friend Kassie Heath in our ward...huddled around bonfires, visited with strangers who became running buddies and did a lot of stretching!



The race began at 6:00 am.



It was a gorgeous course...just the perfect amount of up-hill verses down-hill and it went by rather quickly...surprisingly!



Brent crossed the finish line with a chip time of 151:12



Kami wasn't too far behind with a chip time of 152:35 (exactly 1 minute faster than my last race)






After all is said and DONE...it was a fun day, a good race and an accomplished goal.
Most of all I am just glad it is OVER!


Thanks to the Lunds for allowing us to sleep for three hours in their home and for the "Sick-A**" dinner company! Papa and Nana too!

7 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

You got UP at 2:30 a.m. to run a race?? Not me, sista. I'm proud of you for not piddling your panties, though. ;) And nice job on winning the $100! It's nice to know that real people actually win REAL stuff sometimes!

Rebecca said...

You ROCK! Way to run!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a huge accomplishment! I don't know why anyone would choose to do this sort of thing but I'm impressed nonetheless! I'm so glad that we got to be there to witness you both crossing the Finish Line, it was a proud moment and a fun time, thanks for including us.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Congratulations to you guys! That is a huge accomplishment and one to be proud of!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Way to go! I am so excited for you. It is always such a better experience looking back... The running part is terrible, but the finish is such a high it keeps you coming back and signing up for more.

Marianne said...

That's fantastic! I am amazed at your courage and determination. I wish I had known you were a few miles away. I might have come to cheer for you...but then again maybe I wasn't even out of bed when you finished!

You both look GREAT!

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

WAHOO!!! Way to go! I'm glad there was no running in pee pants - and that y'all had a great time!