"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Week to Remember...Part 2

We celebrated "Life Long" friendships...




For the past three years my BEST girl friends, that I grew up with in California, and I have planned a weekend getaway to catch up on one anothers lives and reminisce about the "Old Days"


This year we met in St George at Green Valley Spa. Shenise came from AZ, Jo from Vegas and Kelli from SLC. It is always so much fun just hanging out by the pool, going for a nice run, eating at various restaurants...as long as we are together...it feels like we have never been apart.



Friday night we all helped celebrate Mom's birthday at the local park, went to dinner and stayed up WAY TOO late chatting and laughing about our lives.


Saturday Shenise flew back to AZ so the three of us spent the morning working out, lounging by the pool and shopping. That night we met up with a group of Kelli's friends at Tuacahn for the summer production of "Grease". I am sad to say it was the WORST play I have seen at Tuacahn. I was not very impressed and was embarrassed to have gone on and on about our spectacular outdoor amphitheater. But it was a beautiful night and the company was wonderful.




We celebrated Father's Day!


Last night we met at Hyde's for a Father's Day BBQ.


This morning the kids and I got up early, made breakfast with candles, gave gifts and honored our best dad ever!





We all love Brent so much.
We are so blessed to have him lead our home, take good care of us and love us the way he does!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers in our lives!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your weekend was so much fun, sorry about Tuacahn, however. Every few years or so they do a bad play, this must be one of those years.

Happy Father's Day to Brent. He is a blessing to all of us and so are you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend with family and friends and a Happy Fathers Day to! Can't wait to see you guys!

Love You!
JoLynn

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

What a fun weekend. I am glad you were able to have some time with the girls this weekend. Too bad about Grease. Usually the shows are pretty good. Maybe they are concentrating on Little Mermaid this year. Anyway, glad to know not to waste time or money on grease. Happy Father's Day to Brent.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Happy Father's Day to Brent! Your kiddies are lucky to have such a stud for a dad. :)