"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, July 18, 2011

Our Annual FHE in PV

At least once a year we spend a Monday Family Home Evening up in Pine Valley....in the trees, in the cool clean air.

This month was the Ellsworth's turn to hold FHE so I jumped at the chance to head to the hills...for a Family Picnic.


We embraced the scenery by taking pictures...
And at least MOST of us enjoyed it!

The kids played by the small stream that ran through our camp and helped Papa build the fire.

We ate S'mores with EXTRA large Mallows! We had a short lesson, cleaned up camp, headed down the mountain and scouted deer along the way!

It was a perfect night for Pine Valley...can't wait to go next year...or perhaps sooner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful Family Night in Pine Valley. I sure do love it there. I wish we had been able to see some deer on the way home, we looked but all we saw were some little rodents run across the highway.

Your lesson was really good and timely with school starting soon. It will give them some things to think about as they are presented with new experiences and challenges. I know the kids remember the things we talk about at FHE and I'm always so impressed with how well they listen and pay attention.

Thanks for another great night.

(Hey what's up with your background?)

Marianne said...

Ahh! Don't you LOVE those giant marshmallows?! They are a big hit around here! What a lovely evening that must have been. Brent, you look so grumpy! How can you look like that with such a beautiful lady taking your picture??

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It looks like a wonderful night to me! Brent gave me a copy of the story you read and I'm looking forward to reading it to my group for FHE.

Thank you so much for your wonderful example to me. You are an amazing mother and wife.

I feel so sad that you couldn't come with Brent down here this week. He is staying in a gorgeous place.

Sure miss you!

Love You,
JoLynn