This week started out really rough at our house. I won't go into too many details but Brent and I have really been struggling with the kids being gone and what the future will bring in regards to where they will live and the things they are being taught. It has made me question my ability as a parent and the amount of faith I have placed in the Lord.
There has been a lot of prayer happening this week. A lot of questions and begging for answers.
MANY answers came throughout the week and I, once again, realize how blessed I truly am and how in control the Lord really is.
One blessing came in the form of the First Presidency Message. Brent has to teach today and when we opened the Ensign the lesson was titled "Love at HOME". Each and EVERY word given from our prophet was EXACTLY what we needed to hear.
The next blessing came in the form of family outings to Pine Valley.
The Lund's are in town this week so we headed up the mountain to PV to celebrate Peyton's 2nd birthday.
The party began with a little swearing but soon turned into dinner, cake, presents but ended with a little stealing...thank you Bloomington 7th ward for the forks which Nana forgot to pack.


The next blessing came in the form of Gracie's baptism. I have always loved attending baptisms but without a doubt I ALWAYS am filled with the Spirit when others receive the Holy Ghost. I felt it again yesterday as all the worthy men in our family placed their hands on Gracie's head and I am thankful for the affirmation I received of the Spirit.
The final blessing of the week so far came in the form of Brother Brown. Brother Brown is the father of a girl in our ward who's daughter was also being baptized yesterday. Brother Brown stood to give the spiritual thought and Mom leaned back and said..."He is one of the missionaries that taught me the gospel 45 years ago".
I was overwhelmed with the spirit as I watched my mom and Brother Brown reminisce about the California Tastee Freeze where they met and Mom's conversion story.
How thankful I am for missionary work. How thankful I am for parents who taught me the gospel and brought truth into my life. How thankful I am for the continued blessings that come from being a member of the true church and living a righteous life. How thankful I am for a testimony...one that at times lacks faith but has always shown truth in the form of answered prayers.

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I AM a child of GOD!
The final blessing of the week so far came in the form of Brother Brown. Brother Brown is the father of a girl in our ward who's daughter was also being baptized yesterday. Brother Brown stood to give the spiritual thought and Mom leaned back and said..."He is one of the missionaries that taught me the gospel 45 years ago".I was overwhelmed with the spirit as I watched my mom and Brother Brown reminisce about the California Tastee Freeze where they met and Mom's conversion story.
How thankful I am for missionary work. How thankful I am for parents who taught me the gospel and brought truth into my life. How thankful I am for the continued blessings that come from being a member of the true church and living a righteous life. How thankful I am for a testimony...one that at times lacks faith but has always shown truth in the form of answered prayers.
I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I AM a child of GOD!

4 comments:
Oh, man, those Ensign articles HAVE been spot-on lately. They have been just what I have needed too! Thank goodness for those! I'm glad you are getting answers. :)
I'm sorry things started off kinda rocky this week but glad they ended on a happier note and I'm especially glad that the kids will be back home in a few days and that this l-o-n-g summer is coming to an end.
When challenges come our way, it's all about what we learn from them and then what we do to make our lives better. I can see that you recognize that too and I know you will be blessed for it.
I thought the weekend was mostly fun, a little stressful from time to time, but I guess that's what happens as our family gets bigger and the parents/grandparents get older.
I, too, am thankful to have the Savior and His church as beacons in my life. They help me go forward as I tackle the challenges that come my way. I'm glad I made the decision, 45 years ago, to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. One of the two best decisions I ever made.
Oh! That baptism story made me cry! Thank you for sharing your feelings and your sweet testimony of the gospel! I am sure your kids will be OK. You just deep doing what you do and have faith. I'll be praying for you and for them! Love you
Oh Kami, my heart was filled with so many emotions as I read this post. I was so sad that you guys have had a rough start to your week. I know that all will work out with the kids. Hang in there and please know that you guys are in our prayers. I'm glad that you guys received answers to your prayers and that your kids will soon be home where they belong!
I too was so touched about the baptism story. That is so neat and such a sweet story.
Please know how much we love you guys!
Love You All!
JoLynn
Post a Comment