This last week has been a pretty great week…so I decided to do a Sunday Six of sorts which I am calling Monday Moments (5) and vocally express my gratitude for all the wonderful things in my life.
#1. MY KIDS ARE HOME. It was a LONG summer without them. It was extra hard on me this year and a lot of emotions were out of control. It is so nice to have them home and see their sweet faces and hear their sweet voices every day.
#1. MY KIDS ARE HOME. It was a LONG summer without them. It was extra hard on me this year and a lot of emotions were out of control. It is so nice to have them home and see their sweet faces and hear their sweet voices every day.
Savanna on the other hand was perfect as usual, no worries, no stress and couldn’t get rid of me fast enough. She is now the “Big Kid on Campus” and with her new hair and braces…she thinks she is the best thing since sliced bread!
#4. Work. I am trying to talk myself into this one today so I need to say a few good things about my job as I am finding it SO hard to be there these days…I have a GREAT work schedule. I love that it allows me to put my family first and still helps to financially support us. I can’t believe that the Marathon is here again…less than 50 days. I am excited this year because I have several friends that I haven’t seen in years who will be running. I am looking forward to seeing each of them and catching up…if I can find time that is. I am so thankful for an amazing staff who work so hard and do such a fantastic job!
#5. Brent…of course. This man is literally my favorite thing on the earth. He is my EVERYTHING! He has been working so hard at his new position, 13-14 hour days and he still comes home and loves on me! He is so handsome and so supportive. He makes me laugh every day and cheers me up when I am sad. He makes everyday a GREAT day!
Happy Monday!!! Enjoy this week!

4 comments:
Yay for the kids being home!! And look at them all stylin and off to school. They are just too chah-chah for words! They are so grown up... And I can't believe the marathon is almost here. Sheesh!
It sounds like Gavin had a good first day. He seemed to know a few kids in his classes. Hopefully, it will be a great year.
Savanna looked darling today. Loved her shoes!
Sounds like Brent is doing well in his new position. The first few weeks are so hard. It will get easier and he will start getting home earlier. He is such a good guy.
So I got the report about all the kids and their first day of school and it sounds like everyone had a great day! I'm so happy for them and their parents. Whew!
You really do have so much to be thankful for, no matter what the day. I'm glad the kids are back home where they belong, things feel "right" again. Sorry about Brent's long days at work, I know it will get easier with time but until then I hope he can survive (you too!) Wow, just 50 days until the Marathon, it sure comes around fast each year, I love it though, it's such a fun time.
I wish you all another good week.
What great things to be thankful for. I too am so glad that your kiddos are home safe and sound. I'm so grateful that Brent has you. You two truly bring the best out in each other and make one another so happy. I am sure that everyone had great days at school. Gavin will do great. I know as a mom it's so hard not to worry but his experiences in life are for his good to help him to grow and and learn and he'll do great with them. (Remind me of that when I need to hear that:) I'm also glad that you have a good job that allows you to be there for your family. I am hoping that maybe we can come up one of these days for the marathon. Not to run it of course but to help you and be in all the excitement of it all. I am sorry about Brent's long days-I've been through Brian's long ugly days and it's not easy but on a bright a bright side at least he has a good steady job and income and it will get better eventually.
I hope you know how much we love you guys! Thanks for all your love and support.
Take Care,
JoLynn
Post a Comment