I remember when blogging was an entertainment not an obligation. When blogging was a time for me to be creative, witty and amusing instead of a quick, to the point, list of facts and highlights that happened in our home over the last few weeks. I remember seeking out opportunities to snap photos of the ones I love the most, already scripting the soon to be written account in my head. I also remember when others in our family took the chance to share what they are most grateful for, expressing words of love and appreciation for the lives they are blessed with.
Unfortunately we, I am in a blogging funk once again. I not only struggle with the thought of sitting down, using my already precious time to construct some trite paragraph about happenings that no one else really finds interesting, but more selfishly I honestly haven't got one once of energy left to form a somewhat intelligent sentence out of the jumbled mess of thoughts running through this head of mine.
Needless to say I feel exhausted. BUT...this week our family experienced a few blessed events that are noteworthy to me...so here goes another list in the lives of ellsworthpartyof 4...
Savanna: a part from spending every waking hour with her many friends Savanna managed to score the highest Math score in her class which she was honored for in the school assembly on Friday.
Savanna remains to be our social butterfly. Wherever she goes she brings others with her. She is never lacking friendship of any kind. Her ability to make friends, accept others and include as many as she can...is by far her greatest talent.
Last night Gavin attended his first Priesthood session of General Conference. Even though he admitted it was hard to sit through, I believe he was happy to go, proud to sit next to his dad and grandpa and feels blessed to hold the Priesthood.
Gavin also grew another 2 inches at least. By the end of the summer he may catch up to Brent. Besides growing he is also loving scouts. He looks forward to going to his weekly activities, he has read the entire scout manual so that he knows exactly what is expected of him, he went on his first camp out and had a blast and he is fitting in with the boys in his troop. THIS is one of my biggest blessing! I worry so much about him...I honestly don't know why...he couldn't be happier or more selfless!As for Brent and I, we constantly TRY to spend quality time together...however our mornings begin with a short prayer and quick kiss at 4 am. Our days consist of a few unanswered text messages of love and appreciation. Our nights end with uncontrolled elongated blinks and head nods on the couch at 6 and bedtime by 8:30...with another quick family prayer and if we are lucky a peck goodnight.
Last weekend we were able to go on a much needed date to see the Hunger Games and a family dinner at the Patio grill.
It is in fact the small things, the unexpected experiences, the little moments of laughter and fun that I cherish the most.
Now as we gather together, all four of us, to watch the 5th and final session of this spring Conference...I will also cherish this moment. This moment when we will feel the Spirit, the LOVE of our father and be encouraged to endure through the times in our lives where we struggle to find time to blog and share our lives with the ones we love the most!
May each of you be touched by the words of our Prophets and leaders, as I have this weekend, to look for ways to improve, to love deeper, to forgive and to cherish the little things!

4 comments:
I love your blog and even though you think of it as a boring list of highlights, I read every post and smile at every picture of your precious family! I love seeing you and Brent make your family work so beautifully and admire you as a mom and wife! So even when they feel uninspired keep writing because I will always keep reading!
Way to go, Savanna!! I really could have used her smarts in college... :~S
It looks like Gavin has passed your dad up in height. Sheesh! Must be them butter sandwiches... ;~)
I'm glad you keep blogging, cuz I keep being interested! :)
Congratulations to Savanna and Gracie on their math awards...I just love having smart (and cute) grand kids! The men looked very handsome on their way to Priesthood, I'm glad we married such good guys and that your son is following in their footsteps. I'm sorry that you and Brent have such early schedules, it does make having a family life kinda challenging. But hang in there, you're doing such a great job.
First off congrats to Savanna and Gracie on their math awards. Sadly, Brian or I are very good in math-darn it! And with that being said the only one of our children who does well in math naturally is Conner and that's just because that's how his mind works and thinks. I sure wish the rest of us had got a little of the "Little" gene in us!
I always love reading your blog. I never think of your blog as just lists of boring highlights. I love reading all about what you all are up to.
I'm so glad that Gavin got to go to Priesthood with his dad and grandpa and that he enjoyed it. I am also so glad that he is doing so well and enjoying scouts and Y.M. He is such a great boy and I sure love him! I know Blake wishes that he'd take after Gavin and grow a few more inches. Sadly, I am pretty sure that Blake is close to being done with growing.
I loved conference as usual. However, there were a few talks that really especially touched me and I'm sure they were just talking to me:)
We sure love and miss you! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks:)
Post a Comment