"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goin SOLO

Amid all my travel plans I still have to work:
This last weekend I worked the annual Kite Festival with two of my favorite people.
We set up camp, swore a little, laughed a lot, got sun in the 96 degree weather and I was able to watch my little one sing her very first real solo part.



Savanna was chosen to sing almost an entire song all by herself. I of course had anxiety over the thought...but to my humbling surprise she sounded BEAUTIFUL! I was amazed. Not that I thought she wouldn't do well but I hear her sing around the house in a phony opera voice and it has much to be desired. However this Saturday she sang with her real voice, sweet, calm, non-shaking voice and it was perfect!
I was so proud!!

Another day of work and solo gospel singing = SUCCESSFUL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is aching a little that I missed this special moment. When I heard Savanna sing a short solo part earlier this year, I was so impressed and wished she could have done more...so, sniff, sniff that I missed it.

I'm glad it was a lovely day for the Kite Festival. Another fun activity in good ol' SG.

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Dude! I was there. I wish I could have seen you guys. I was limping around and nearly passed out and threw up after an hour of "fun" in the sun.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is awesome! I wish that we could have been there to support her and hear her as well. Darn it! She will need to give us a private show in Vegas:)

Saddie said...

WOW! Way to go Savanna!! Gutsy and talented - I'm impressed!