"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another Day at WORK...and a Little family gathering.

The last few weeks I have had the opportunity to travel around the country and state visiting other marathons. This last weekend was Ogden. 
Kori signed up to run the Ogden marathon months ago with her good friend Dayna...so it was perfect chance for the Little family to get together and shop!
The City Creek Center recently opened up in SLC. I have heard all the fuss now for months...so of course I have been counting down the days until I could check it out for myself.
Now I must admit that it is GORGEOUS! An "outdoor" mall of sorts with a retractable roof that spans about four blocks. 
 BUT I was a little disappointed. When the next best store...other than Nordstroms...is Forever 21...I'm not sure I would call it the Ultimate Shopping experience. I mean really, no Buckle? no  Anthropology? no NOTHING in my personal opinion. 
 The wall decor was the BEST part...obviously.
The food court was fabulous however. I personally enjoyed a "build your own wrap" from Big Sals and devoured the entire thing.
The shopping company wasn't too bad either! Three darling babies, two amazing sisters, one dedicated brother and the best set of parents ever!


 After the mediocre shopping trip Kori and I finished our driving route up to Ogden for the fitness EXPO. Kori picked up her packet, we walked the EXPO, I visited with a few of my marathon director buddies, Dayna fell in a hole, we ate samples of all the products, I took many pictures and took notes on how Ogden functions and then we left.
Much of our night consisted of more shopping, finding the finish line and bus loading areas so we would be prepared for the morning and then "trying to sleep".
Kori and I woke about 4:00 and I dropped her off at the haunted Ben Lomond hotel so she and Dayna could load their bus. I then parked myself in a near by parking lot, made a bed in the back of the work van and attempted to sleep for the next 3 hours.
After I got in a quick cat nap I made my way to the finish line and took several more pictures for documentation.
The Hyde family and Mom and Dad showed up about 11 and we lined Grant Ave awaiting Kori's arrival.
Dayna came first with a smile on her face...
Kori was not too far behind her. 
Another successful work trip for me and another successful "over-achiever" accomplishment for Kori. She never ceases to amaze us all. She is truly unbelievable and admirable. Congrats to her!!

Once again I am glad to be home...and I think I will be staying put for awhile. I miss my family.
A special thanks to my sweetest hubby who held down the fort while I was away AGAIN. I appreciate his love and support...and his fathering skills!

5 comments:

Dayna said...

LOVE it Kami!! Thanks for being there!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a fun weekend. If Blake does indeed decide to go to University of Utahs day ftball camp then we will for sure be checking out this shopping deal that I've heard so much about.
Were looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks :-)

Oh and BIG CONGRATS to Kori. She is amazing and I have NO IDEA how she does it all!

Love you,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Fun weekend! So glad we got to all be together, even if just for a little while.

Marianne said...

You DO have a fun job with all of the fun trips you have taken lately.
How neat to be there for Kori too. Have you ever run a marathon, Kami? I am trying to remember. I think you and Brent should!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Thanks so much for being there Kami! Thanks for going to the expo with me, staying the night with me, driving me to the start at the crack of dawn (although, I think it was even earlier than that), and taking pictures at the finish. You are such a great sister, and friend.