"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day in Paradise...well Vegas!

First off let me take a minute to wish all the moms I know and LOVE a VERY Happy Mother's Day...especially MY mom who is the BEST mom on earth...always has been always will be. Thanks Mom for spending your life taking care of of us girls, making sure we had everything we needed and most of what we wanted. Thanks for teaching us how to grow up making good choices, how to love unconditionally and how to be modest, respectful daughters of God who have strong testimonies and aren't afraid to live and love the Gospel. You are a wonderful example and I am so PROUD and blessed to be your daughter. I love you more than this blog can express.

Look at these two beautiful children. Could I have asked for a better pair? NO WAY. They are my pride and joy. They have stuck by me through thick and thin and ALL the ups and downs. They have been the one constant JOY for the past 12 years. I feel so blessed and honored that Heavenly Father sent them to me. I have never known love like the love a Mother has for her babies...not to mention the love I feel from them each and every day.

My Mother's Day was spent in Las Vegas with all the AZ Ellsworth's/Mortensen's.
Blake had another snapping competition this weekend so we met up with everyone Friday night at Chili's. Last time we were is Vegas we found this resort on the south end of town that seemed more convenient and family friendly than the strip. So we booked our rooms and the Tahiti Resort and it was LUXURIOUS...and really close to the outlet mall where we spent MOST of our time shopping.

We spent a lot of time poolside and enjoyed the sun...some of us enjoyed the sun a little TOO much and our shoulders and chests are paying the price.

We walked through the Forum Shops at Caesar's and ate at Cheesecake Factory...and yes we ate CHEESECAKE and it was DELICIOUS!
We supported our Vikes in the Nike Outlet...down with Green Bay!
Can you tell how strongly Brent feels about the Packer's?
This morning we watched Blake at the snapping competition. He is doing so well and is proof that hard work, endurance and patience really pay off. Good job Blakey boy...we sure love you. Thanks for the excuse for the trip and family time.
It has been a fabulous weekend, a fabulous Mother's Day. I am truly spoiled by my family...especially my super hot husband who knows me well enough to buy chocolate...lots of chocolate...and told me to go SHOPPING! Can't beat that!
I hope each of you had memorable Mother's Day, one that will last...until next year! 

5 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It was a great weekend and we all had such a great time together. I wish we'd of had another day or so to get to spend together.

I am looking forward to coming for a visit to your neck of the woods in a few weeks.

Love you guys so much. Thanks for all your support and your love and wisdom.

Love,
JoLynn

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too! What a great weekend, eh?? We were down in Henderson and ate at the Cheesecake Factory, too. NUM!

I must know the name of the resort you stayed in. It looks super fancy! And... are you kicking Mr. #12 in the nuts or just showing off your cha-cha shoes??

Kaci said...

It looks like a wonderful weekend. I'm jealous!! You look really cute BTW. See you Friday

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend. I don't often think of Vegas as "paradise" but I must admit it does have some beautiful spots and very fun things to do and it looks like you found all the right places to go.
I'm glad you all had a good time.

Thank you for the sweet words. I got a little teary. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

It looks like a fabulous weekend. I am glad you had a good time. The place you stayed at looked nice... and right by the outlets, can't beat that! A swim is sounding pretty nice about now.