Let me start by saying how disappointed I am in myself...I am usually such a good photographer and capture every minute of each event I am a part of...however this marathon I took only a few pictures and the ones I did take were either blurry or dark. So I apologize that the 2012 St George Marathon will not be adequately documented.
The marathon as you know starts for me the day after the previous marathon...it is one continuous loop.
BUT the real fun begins the week prior with set up, bag stuffing, captains luncheons, final staff meetings, shirt distribution, product arrival etc.
I love the week of the marathon...although BUSY.
I love being at the expo center when it is still empty and organizing packets with my best friends.
even though they were weeks late and arrived hours before the event...I love the runner shirts. I love sorting them and knowing that they will be worn by thousands of runners this next year and years to come.
I love sitting in the trouble shooting booth with friends and staff helping runners solve their issues and send them on their way excited to run the next day.
I love that my husband comes to support me each year, stays up all night with me, hugs me and stays by my side during the entire event.
I love that Mom and Dad volunteer their time to help however needed. I love that this year they came to the start line with Brent and I at 2:00 am, ate with us at Denny's and felt exhausted once we hit the finish line.
I love that Aaron crossed the finish line again...even though he didn't take first...he was still a winner in my book.
I love that we celebrated Dawn's birthday by eating cake at the finish line while runners crossed...throwing up, tired, hungry...
I love that so many friends crossed the line and that we were there with open arms to greet them and congratulate them.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the 2012 marathon was a success and that it went as smooth as possible! I love that this marathon was the easiest one for me so far and that I felt at ease and confident the entire race week.
So until next year...see you in 2013!












3 comments:
Kami! You're alive! Booyeah! You get the biggest award because YOUR marathon was the longest and the toughest. I'm glad you have Brent. :) You deserve him. :)
How dumb that I missed it!!! That is why we moved here, so we could attend fun events and be supportive. Next year I will not be new to my job and I will tell them to stick it and I will come over and enjoy your party. I'm glad it was so successful. I'm glad it is over too.
Well...I love this too! You do an incredible job each year. I know so many people up here in Utah County who have come down to run your marathon and loved the whole experience. You are an amazing gal!
Post a Comment