Our honeymoon started out in Good Ol Las Vegas...where Brent and I first met...at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino. Our room overlooked the Bellagio Fountains which are spectacular...the first time...after the twelfth...they're just thunderous booms and extra light illuminating your honeymoon suite and interrupting your honeymoon SWEET time!

The next morning we caught our plane to Maui...just barely. At the ticket window we were informed there was "NO SEAT FOR YOU"! Luckily our ticket window lady Susan had a hard case of heart burn that day...So I rushed to the airport general store, bought the biggest pack of Fruity Tums they had...two citrus chalk pills later...we were on the plane and sitting...together!!
We arrived in Maui and checked into our Grand Champion resort...with its beautiful views, luxurious pools...with little girls named Katie swimming in them and making strangers named Brent play a rare form of Marco-polo...or as she called in "Peanut-Butter" which rules changed each time she came close to getting tagged and dodge ball...where she got pelted multiple times in the face by "the stranger"... and its tropical gardens and began the eating frenzy that lasted five days straight continuous with rare breaths in between and NO potty breaks what-so-ever...to our stomachs dismay. 2-exlax, an entire bag of dried apricots, three nectarines and spicy mexican food was NOT enough...we struggled, we hurt, and we LAUGHED...what a way to start our married life together!
Our first morning we woke at 4:30 a.m. and then the next morning and the next...we were awake each day for hours before the 2300 birds in the trees outside our window...who were having NO trouble releasing their food from the previous night... began chipping and the rest of the city opened for our money spending pleasure. By the time the city was alive with excitement it was past our bedtime and we were exhausted.
On Tuesday night we ordered in...pizza and pepsi...and YES the Celtics won! I had yet to see Brent so giddy and childlike...grinning from ear to ear and giggling periodically. But he had the right to feel proud at his 32 year accomplishment!
We did manage to get out and do a few touristy kinda things. We went for a sunset walk on the beach which was interrupted by the side-walking-pincher-clawed crabs that surrounded us in every direction and the what I thought were small boulders on the pathway but turned out to be 35 of the largest, highest hopping, frogs I have ever seen...and as the first one hopped at my feet...I squealed something that sounded like "wooozawatza"...and my protective husband ran up the small hill nearby leaving me to defend my toes from the many wart giving croaks about to eat them.We spent a night on a dinner cruise which allowed us to see an amazing Maui sunset. We went to a Luau and ATE like pigs...while we ate PIGS! Brent did a nice HIAWOTHA-HIAWOTHA (said in a polynesian voice while beating on ones chest) dance for me after...it was my favorite part of the evening!
Overall the trip was FABULOUS but I must say the thing I enjoyed the most was loving Brent more each day and laughing so hard that our already bloated, rock solid, poo-filled tummies ACHED!

P.S.- Chocolate Royale Slim Fast and 20 FL OZ of water is the constipation CURE! It only took me 11 days and 6 pounds to figure it out!! OUCH

4 comments:
WOWEEE!!! Man, hearing about your trip and seeing your pictures made me think of our trip we just took and miss it.
I'm so glad that the two of you had a wonderful time and I'm especially glad that your poor little tummy is feeling better now!
Love ya,
JoLynn
It looked like you were having WAY too much fun in Maui. I'm so happy that you two found each other, and I offer my congratulations and Best Wishes to both of you. Kami, I know that Brent will make a wonderful Father to your two children. He has all the great qualities of super Dad.
Grandma Arnett
It looks like you had a time to remember. So glad you were able to spend the time slone. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. You were having so much fun. You both deserved it. I fell in love with St. George while I was there. I could live and die there and be happy. Maybe it was because of all the family heritage that I have there. It is a beautiful little town. Grandma E.
Hey it's Britt. So I am a big fan of Victorias Secret PINK Collection, and oh guess what!? They now have a collegiate collection that I thought you might like to see. . . No BYU yet, or Utah (for me) but there is some ASU stuff... ha ha. It is actually cute and there aren't any home sewn Sundevils! ;) Loves!
http://www.vspink.com/pink_collegiate_collection.jsp
Post a Comment