"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1 down 179 to go!!!





Today my Favorite Three went off to their first day of school.

Gavin is now the tallest 3rd grader at Sunset Elementary. We were...by some miracle...able to get him into Mrs. Lana Beck's class...who is the BEST 3rd grade teacher...and is in HIGH demand. He is also lucky to get to have one of his best cousins GRANT in his class. We are expecting great things this year...hopefully no pink slips, no fighting, no detention, no calls from the principal or school counselor...we are keeping our fingers crossed! He is already scoping out the ladies to see who will be willing to take sweet Abby Anderson's place!




Savanna is once again pretending to be the "shy" girl. I believe she thinks she is cuter when she is shy...and probably gets more attention...which she seems to be in desperate need of the past few days! Her back pack is only half her size, completely empty, and weighs almost as much as she does. She is very excited "to be as popular and perfect as she was in her old school".



Brent also started school today...FOUR years of Commercial Plumbing TECH School...Two nights a week for 4 hours a night. He is NOT excited at all...and that is an understatement!!


His big first day lasted exactly 32 minutes...a classroom full of white trash, poligs, and dropped f-bombs...is what he has to look forward to! YIKES!!


He is trying hard to put on a happy face, a supportive husband/dad face, a "good in the long run" face. We appreciate his hard work...both in school and at work. We appreciate all that he already provides for us...and we don't need four years to show us he is FANTASTIC!!


I had the HONOR and absolute JOY of watching him give our children their FIRST father's blessings last night before school. We are grateful for a grandpa who has been willing and able to provide this for us in the past and we will always cherish those blessings... but watching Brent last night filled my heart with confirmation that he was sent to us for a divine purpose...Heavenly Father gave him to us to help us make our way back home to Him. Brent is everything this family lacked...he is TRULY..."OUR EVERYTHING"!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to comment but I'm too teary.....I'll try later.

tlee said...

I am also teary!! What a neat experience for you guys!! I am very proud of you Brent, keep up the good work! Happy school days ahead kiddos, I love you all!!

Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm better now. All 3 kiddies looked so cute on their first day of school. Good Luck to each of you and especially you, Kami, since you're the one who has to put up with all the crankiness. Brent, I know you'll be blessed because you have been such a blessing to this family. What goes around, comes around!

Marianne said...

Happy School days! Ours starts next Tuesday. I want you to know how happy I am that you love Brent so much and that you two found eachother.

Brent, I am so proud of you and all that youhave endured. You have remained faithful and righteous and are now reaping the blessings! This story made Grandma Helen cry!

Anonymous said...

Kami!!!!! How did you find me??? You are married to what looks like a VERY nice guy! Congrats! YOu look so so happy and so beautiful! I love your hair! Where are you living now? Me and my husband and my sweet little boy live in Springville, Ut. My husband is a Fireman for park city! He loves it! I love being married and being a mom and is fun being all grown up! I am so glad you found me. YOur children are beautiful! Gavin is such a hunk and savanaah is so beautiful. So grown up! Lets keep in touch. I will most likely blog stalk you now so be prepared! So glad to talk to you!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Good luck to everyone with school and good luck to Kami for taking care of all the school kids.

I'm so happy that Brent is able to bring the priesthood into your home and that he is being such a good husband and father. He is also very very lucky to have you and your sweet Gavin and Savanna.

We love and miss you guys very very much!
Love ya-JoLynn

Grandma Norma said...

It brought tears to my eyes when I read of Brent's Father's blessing to the kids. It didn't take him long to get into the family mode. It just proves that Heavenly Father had a plan in uniting your family together. Thanks Brent, for being a worthy Priesthood holder.