
It began at my favorite restaurant in town...Samari 21...chicken and shrimp the most outstanding fried rice cooked for your entertainment on the hibachi grill...and entertaining it was. Eggs flying in the air landing in the chefs hat...or on the floor...pretend ketchup bottles squirted in your face, multiple smashed shrimp tossed in your general direction which you are trying desperately to catch avoiding the embarrassment of one landing in your eye or down the front of your shirt...a chef who speaks little to no English and talking to you as if you could understand and expecting an answer to his question you have NO idea he was asking.
Then it was off to the mall where we killed some time while we waited for our 9:15 movie to begin. We read magazines in Barnes and Noble and people watched. My favorite couple was the ask for anything more?extra large woman with the 98 pound little man who were both covered in tat's from head to toe...one being an extra large Hello Kitty across an extra large chest which was falling out of the NOT so extra large tank top...both looking at the latest version of "Skin and Ink" and comparing their most recent "body art".
We made a pit stop on the way outta the wall at the massage recliner chairs placed in the middle of the mall. 3 minute massage for a dollar...best dollar I have ever spent as you can tell from the looks on our faces...and so many people heard from the moans and groans that were loudly flowing from our mouths.

Our movie of choice was the new Batman movie "Dark Night". I would recommend it. Although it is quite DARK...as the title states...it was VERY well made and the acting was fantastic. I am a HUGE Christian Bale fan since his first appearance in "Newsies" several years back...and YES I own the sound track...another movie I would HIGHLY recommend!
Our "Date Night" ended WAY past our normal bed time of 9:30 and we suffered for it the next day when my alarm went off at 7:00 am so I could rush into work unshowered! YUCK!! I did make up for it last night when I fell asleep on the couch watching the X-games at 6:30 and didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning. I don't think I will sleep the rest of the weekend.
Laughing with and at my dear sweet husband was the best part. He just has a way of making me feel so comfortable, so confident, and so loved. I just LOVE being with him...whether it's sitting on the couch, driving in the car, eating, sleeping...whatever and whenever...I absolutely ENJOY him!

2 comments:
Sounds like an enjoyable little date night. I too love my date nights. They are so very much needed! I'm glad you guys are doing good. We love you guys and miss you bunches!
Love ya, JoLynn
The bishop said in our wedding vows to always take your wife out for a date night...Darrell listened & 14 years later we still have one every Sat. night! It might be grocery shopping or just shopping & dinner but we look forward to them. Kami, my Mom said that you were as cute as your pictures & also that you are a perfect match for Brent! She was very impressed with you & enjoyed the visit from all of you. I look forward to meeting you someday! Keep on enjoying.....
Hugs to all,
Aunt Laurel
Post a Comment