"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday SIX

Six things that made me smile this week...

1. a new family picture...after waiting 6 years for "Kami to get married" YEE-FREAKIN-HAW!!!!
2. lunch with my dearest friend where we discussed...weight gain, hormone induced arguments and children being "un-cared" for at their "other" homes
3. Brent strolling through the house singing..."doe a ray a bright sunny day"...which was close to "doe a deer a female deer"...or not really close at all!
4. dominating Brent in our "pick how many athletes are representing their county in the 2008 Olympics" opening ceremony game.
5. watching dad wrap the chain...that was hooked to the front of his truck...to the dried up old dead cactus in the front of our house...put that truck in reverse and uproot that nasty eye sore...as well as the weed consumed trellis that rested against the front porch wall...THANK YOU DAD!!!
6. Brent surviving his first day as a full-time dad...getting kids dressed, doing their hair (Gav's needs a little practice) feeding them breakfast, taking them to register himself for school, running errands, dealing with Savanna's emotional melt down and listening to them talk and ask questions for 8 hours straight...the smile came when he was still here and not on the first flight home to Arizona...is this really what he signed himself up for???

Been a long week!! :)

9 comments:

Marla said...

I love this idea...I think I may have to steal it...I will give full credit of course! If I ever get myself blogging regularly again. It's been a long summer!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm really liking your Sunday 6! Thats a great idea! I'm glad that Brent survived his first day as a full time Dad. And Kami no worries he's not coming back to Arizona at least not without you and those kiddos-I promise! He loves you guys more than anything!!!
It sounds like you guys are doing good. We love you and miss you guys! Good luck at school to all the Kids (that includes Brent):)
Love ya,JoLynn

Anonymous said...

It was a good week, wasn't it!! The family picture experience turned out to be so much fun. That cactus coming out of the ground reminded me of popping a pimple (not on me, of course, I don't get those) aahh, I LOVED it! Brent, we're so proud of you, you are just a great dad! I'm amazed at how you just instinctively know what you're doing! I love to see Savanna's big smile appear whenever you look at her and no one can get through to Gavin the way you can. Just another miracle.
Good Luck with school, I know you're not too excited about it but what a major accomplishment this will be for you. We are all so much more than we think we are, good for you for lengthening your stride!! YMIL

Grandma Norma said...

Brent, I didn't know you were going to school but I'm so proud of you fulfilling your dreams. I'm sure Kami is supporting you and giving you a little shove out the door. Good for her!!!!

The fly-fisherman said...

Brent's lyrics sound a lot like Russ'. I think part of Russ' problem is that he is deaf and never hears the lyrics right in the first place. One of my favorite lyric mishaps with Russ was "Little Purple Panties". He always wondered why they were singing about underwear in Primary.

Marianne said...

Speaking of lyrics mishaps...how about all of my Blazers in Primary singing in chipmunk voices, "Weee are as the Armeee of Heliummm!"
I thought I would die!

You GO Brent! You are an amazing man and will be the best Dad ever!
Love to you!

Anonymous said...

It's early morning at Marianne's and I am the only one up. I got to check your Blog for the first time in 2 weeks. I love reading it. I am not surprised at the way Brent has taken to being a Dad. I have known him for a long time. And it has been a long time coming for him. The school thing came as a surprise. I would like to know what it is all about. I am glad to hear it. Have a good day. I love you all. Grandma Helenvgpzr

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

I knew that you guys would not have any problems. You guys are really cute together and you guys are very lucky. Okay I am cheesy!! Thanks for having my back on my blog which ever one of you did it. We miss you guys.
Lyndsey

JoJo and Ralph said...

As far as lyric mishaps... I have the best one... Raleigh thought it was "Everytime you go away--you take a piece of MEAT with you. I love him