"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Gavin Dear

9 years old and growing. This morning he said he felt "bigger", that his "ankles had expanded during the night". :) He says he wants to be the tallest man in the world and according to my clothes allowance...that could just be the case.

I kept him home from school today to celebrate his birthday. We went shopping at Target...he picked out a new Pokemon game and a Pokemon DS carrying case. From there we went to lunch at Chuck-O-Rama. I thought we would spend some quality time together...mother and son...but instead he has had his nose buried in his DS from the get go. I guess I just wanted him to enjoy his special day and maybe being 9 makes him too old for mommy time.

I love Gavin. I love his brain and how creative he is. I love his sensitive side and how he kisses my hand when he sits next to me. He is so sweet and tender hearted. He is talented. He is without a doubt my favorite son :)

Happy Birthday to you Gavin. We love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to my tallest 9 year old grandson!! You are truly a joy. You make me laugh and sometimes, cry. I can't believe you are NINE, I remember the snowy night you were born, when Dr. Berry came running down the hall with his white hospital coat flying behind him, brushing the snow off himself as he ran. He stopped right in front of me (I was standing in the hallway by myself, crying because the hospital couldn't find your mom's OB and they had finally called Dr. Berry who said he'd be right there) and then he said "where am I going??" I pointed to the room where your mom was, along with just about every nurse in the hospital, and he ran right in and saved the day...night..and you were born in about ONE minute. What a happy time that was...but now is even happier. You are a wonderful boy and you get more and more wonderfuller every day. Happy Birthday To YOU!!

Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! I am so glad and proud to have you as a new nephew. You are truly a sweet boy and I also love how cute and smart you are! Your sweet face is enough to make me want to kiss you every time I see you. I love getting your hugs everytime I see you. I hope you had a great birthday. Kami, I loved you What the Hell thing. I didn't know that you had a OCD thing like that. Richard does too. Ask him about it. The only thing I do that is wierd is I play with my ears like Brent and I twist my hair.

Marianne said...

Hey Gavin! Hope your day was a very happy one! My son Richard is a D.S. guy too! He totally would have played through lunch! (except I would have made him put it away. You have a very nice Mom!)

So...from your new GREAT Aunt, may I say that you are one GREAT nephew!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you had a great birthday!! I'm sorry i couldnt come baby sitting on Saterday. I really wish I could well I hope you have a great day!


Kinley

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gavin. I am so glad you have a birthday so close to mine. I think you are the only one that is close to mine. I was in the air on your birthday, flying from Phoenix to Denver. I am sorry I didn't know it was your birthday, I could have thought of you all the way.
Hope you had a GOOD one. I am sure you did. You have a wonderful Mother who would see to that. I love you lot's and hope to see you again some time.
Love you. Grandma Helen