"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, January 9, 2009

Once upon a time there were three little bears...

A Papa Bear, a Mama Bear and a Not-So-Baby Bear...and a little girl with golden locks.
One night they had a big party with a lot of other bears, along with some wolves, cubs, and webelos!
The Papa Bear was far away in the desert and was nowhere to be found...with long puffy fur and a beard that was prickly and rough. He was a hard working bear who wanted badly for his pack to never have to eat cold porage or sleep in hard beds! He was a great Papa Bear and they missed him when he was away.
So Mama Bear gathered up her Not-S0-Baby Bear and the little golden child and headed to the party...after a long day of fur trims, piano, running, work and school.
At the party the others cheered for the Not-So-Baby Bear...for he had won an award...advanced from being a wolf of sorts, received a badge of courage and dedication.
Mama Bear was new to the party and they welcomed her with open arms, candy and face paint!
Goldie Locks sat in the corner and LAUGHED, played her DS and LAUGHED some more!
Papa and Mama Bear are very proud of Not-So-Baby Bear. He too is a hard worker and loves his den and pack!
Mama Bear feels not so at home among the others...for they wear yellow and tan shirts and tasseled socks...she will have NONE of that! But she will do her best to help the other little bears receive their badges of courage and dedication! So their mamas and papas can be proud too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Gavin on earning his Wolf and Congratulations to Mama Bear too!! You both looked really cute at your Pack Meeting last night. Good Job to both of you!

Karen Carter said...

You are such a FUN MOM! and you are sure making memories with your kids that will last a lifetime! Hopefully your papa bear will be home soon. And I have to say if copying is the biggest form of flattery then consider yourself very flattered! I have been making myself nuts trying to find another site with fun blog layouts. So many of them ruin your widgets etc. And for some reason I cant find any that I like...(I have had about 12 in the last two days)So I jumped on your new site Dots and found a cute one. Thanks so much!!! You are the blog design queen and and I curtsy to you...xoxo Karen~

The fly-fisherman said...

Kam- you look good in a beard ;) Good job Gavin. You are cruisin' in your scouting stuff. Scouts will be fun, just have a good attitude. Don't buy the over-priced shirts, tassled socks, etc. Not worth it. Suggest having pack t-shirts made. Our ward did that two years ago and that's what the leaders wear and some of the kids that can't buy uniforms.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Kor...I LOVE that idea. A t-shirt I can wear...and support! I think I could look rather HOT in army green tasseled socks however...but maybe I'll invest in some striped knee socks that match our new "Pack t-s"!

brookiebaby said...

What a trouper you are! :) We actually were called to do scouts last year, and I did NOT have the patience for it...bad, I know! Hope you're doing well! Loved your Christmas card! We were going to send out our own, but I just decided to do birth announcements in a few weeks instead! :) Miss ya!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Way to go Gavin. Kami you are so way talented in your clever way of writing. I love it! Hang in there with your scout calling.
Love ya, JoLynn

Marianne said...

Congrats Mama Bear! But...what did they do to your face?! I like you muns facial hair, I think.

I did Wolves and Bears for three and a half years. Now I could do it in my sleep and Richard has moved on to Boy Scouts about which I know nothing!

I'm with you on the t-shirt thing. I did wear a borrowed yellow leader shirt and hated it but I refused to wear the waist high Mom pants with the belt!! Aaack!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Gavin. Have fun as you earn all your awards. You'll remember these days your whole life long. I am proud of you. Tell Mama bear she did a great job with her entry. I loved the story.

Love Great Grandma Helen