"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I love it when your birthday stretches for days and days. Mine Started on Tuesday the 30th. My dear friends from work hosted veggie soup day at Dawns. We got together and ate...mostly laughed about people we work with and the joys of being OLD!
Thanks girlies! You are the BEST!

The next morning I awoke to noise in the kitchen. I rolled out of bed and found a card on my nightstand from my EXTREMELY HOT husband. He is the BEST card writer. He says the kindest, most loving things. He pampers me and spoils me...and I LOVE IT!!! Inside was a gift card to BUCKLE which just set the mood for the most perfect day! As I stumbled out into the kitchen to see what the fuss was I found Gavin slaving away on a B-DAY breakfast for his mom. On a place mat with an extra large spoon sat a bowl of Bran Flakes soaked in a small amount of milk and soggy from sitting there waiting for mom to wake up! Along with the breakfast was a handmade card with more heartfelt words that only a mom can appreciate!

The rest of the day was spent cleaning my house for the New Years/B-day party that night with our family. I actually enjoyed every minute of it. I deep cleaned, decorated and made a few small purchases to complete our "Game room".

That night we were invited over to the Shakespeare's for a mexican buffet! YUM!! Thanks BEN! Ben has become Brent's very best friend here in St. George aside from being his boss. We just LOVE him and appreciate all he has done for our little family!

Later that night the whole family came over...minus a couple kids! We ate MORE...played games...opened presents...laughed...enjoyed all the company...and celebrated the news of "Baby Lund" joining the Family in August 2009! It was fun to all be together again.


Brent will be in Tonopah AGAIN this next week and will be gone for his birthday so we have planned to celebrate our birthdays together tomorrow. A little eating, some nationally televised basketball, and hopefully a trip to Hawaii!!

Happy 2009 everyone!! May your year be as GREAT as our 2008!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you had such a happy birthday, so happy we got to spend some of the day with you. Isn't Gavin just the cutest!! He is such a thoughtful little kid! You're a lucky mom! Have fun on your Celebration Day tomorrow!

Saddie said...

I'm glad your birthday was so fabulous! I look forward to seeing you on the 9th!

Hawaii huh? I sure hope you get to go!

Marianne said...

The happiness just continues to roll on! So glad you had a nice party to celebrate.

...a baby?!! That's fabulous! Congrats to the Lunds!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you both!

love,
Brilynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Yes, Happy Happy Birthday! It looks like a fun filled week of celebrations!
We love you guys!
JoLynn