
This week has been filled with all kinds of emotions...ups and downs, backs and forths, ins and outs, smiles and frowns but once again after all is said and done life is good and we have so many things to smile about and be grateful for.
I do not have a particualr number today...but here is a list for the week...
My Jeep (this really isn't a picture of my jeep...but this is what it looks like)! For some reason my darling husband does not like my car. He complains to his friends at work, he gripes every time we have to take it anywhere, and now after forking over $1200.00 this week to have the clutch replaced and the AC compressor rebuilt...he REALLY has a lot to say. But my little jeep has been through a lot with me over the years. Beyond multiple trips to SLC and back. Trips to Cali, AZ, Idaho, Nevada, hunting and scouting in the snow, mud, rocks etc. It has been there through heartaches and new loves. It listens to me sing really loud, talk to myself...it watches me pick my nose (which in my car is my favorite place to do that), have road rage. But most of all it has watched my babies grow up and has kept us safe and returned us home unharmed. I love my car...it has personality and hopefully will last a while longer!
Gavin: I have been worried sick about Gavin playing Basketball again this season. Last year was difficult for me. He is a very competitive child...just like his mom...and does NOT like to lose. He was taken out of most games for getting angry, fighting, crying, etc. We have recently had to suspend all board games and games that have a winner and a loser in our home because of his attitude. After a long talk with his new dad and one "Consequence Chart" later he is a new kid! It has been an absolute JOY to watch him play this year. He is having fun, enjoying the game, he has a great attitude and the other boys LIKE him!! My heart is full and this has been a blessing to our entire family.
Kent Perkins: Kent is my boss. I had my year review this last week and it went better than expected. Kent built me up and said wonderful things about the job I am doing and the impact I have made. His opinion is valued and suggestions always improve. I met with him about an issue I was having this week...Kent has recently been released as the Bishop in his ward....his advice not only helped the situation at work but made me see things in my personal life more clearly as well. He made my week better and helped me feel more motivated here at work. My job is secure and I absolutely LOVE it!
Skinny Jeans: YES it is true I fit into my skinny jeans this week. Running is NOT fun...I hate it every time...but fitting into my size 1's (they are sized wrong I think) is SO worth it!
Savanna: We fight every Sunday about what she is going to wear to church. We argue several mornings during the week about the outfit she has chosen to wear to school. She runs to the mirror and watches herself cry and then makes up some fake injury to explain why shes crying. Yesterday morning her eye was scratched by the shirt I had picked out for her to wear with the NEW darling skirt I had bought the day before. Sometimes all I can do is laugh...to keep from running to my mirror and watching myself cry! We love her...our DRAMA provoking little girl!
LDSSINGLES: One year ago yesterday I paid $15 to read an e-mail that changed my life. As of yesterday Brent has been in my life for ONE year. WOW! I look back on the past year without doubt that it has been the best year of my life. He has been the best husband, friend and dad! This past couple weeks have been a little rough in some ways for our family but through it all he and I have been closer than ever before. We understand each other, we can relate to one another, we hurt together and we are healing each other. Together we are putting the pieces back together that others have shattered and making ourselves and our life together complete, whole and confident. After just one year life is perfect and I can't wait for all the years to come!
Tithing: I must be honest...I have always struggled with tithing. Not that I do not pay it or understand the importance of tithing...but I never have a good attitude as I write out my check. Never have I had an Ensign experience when I pay my tithing. At the end of the month I was always still struggling, never had enough to make ends meet and I never received a check in the mail to cover my expenses. But I believe that this week was a blessing from paying tithing. The car costs were A LOT but Brents check was even more than we had expected. Thank Heaven for tithing...and TONOPAH!
Homemade Taco's: I have recently discovered that my children DO NOT complain about dinner when I make taco's. I make pasta dishes by the plenty, I have a plethora of chicken recipes, Pork Chops and Applesauce - gee that’s swell, Crockpot delights out the wazoo and many many more. Now I could see them complaining if turkey sandwiches were the staple in our family cuisine...but no matter what I cook they complain...except for TACO's...who would've guessed!
Last but not least...HEAT...I finally have heat in my below zero office. Just in time for the HOT DESERT sun!!
Here's to another week of happiness to all!


15 comments:
ving Grandpa Ellsworth in my life. He left this world behind six years ago today at 2:00 PM . And along with being thankful for the time I had with him, I am grateful for our good children who were all there, to be with me and help me through. My children aren't perfect but they are about as good as they come. I don';t know what I would do without them.
Love to my Ellsworth family in St. George.
Grandma Ellsworth
I loved reading your list. I, too, am grateful for the $15 you spent because it has been all you said in your posting. You both deserve to be happy and if it's together then it's a whole lot more fun! I happen to love your car (would drive it in a heartbeat over my Town&Country) and as the snow piles up outside (cross your fingers that 6 am seminary will be cancelled tomorrow!) I'm grateful for heat also. I really am looking forward to meeting you and those hysterically fun sounding kids. Know you are loved and appreciated even aside from your boss!
I don't know what happened above but only half of my comment went through. I don't remember all I said but I did thank you for loving Brent and giving him the credit he has coming for being a good person and a good husband. Also I made up a lame excuse for not posting on Gena's blog spot. Also that I have a lot to be thankful for but the biggest thing was being thankful for having Grandpa in my life. That about covers it. Love you.
I LOVED your post, Kam...very heartfelt...I cried a little. Even though I live with you almost everyday and know all these things about you, it's still fun to read them. I celebrated your anniversary yesterday, in my own little way, just with a happy, thankful heart. We will always be indebted to LDSSingles, who ever would have thought that??? When challenges come into a marriage sometimes they can tear the couple apart, I'm happy you and Brent are dealing with those challenges together and that they are drawing you closer to one another. That is a sign of a "foreordained" marriage and one that will survive no matter what comes along. OK, I love your jeep, it is so YOU, but don't you realize that other drivers can see you picking your nose, I know it seems secluded but it's NOT so STOP THAT..we have friends in this town!! Hey, I will bring tacos to the Super Bowl party!!
Sounds like a lot of us had a no good week last week for various reasons! Glad to hear you made it through...I did too!
Count your blessings name them one by one....
You should try frying your own shells for those tacos? I heard its really good (lol)
ps Can I borrow your jeans?
We can be the sisterhood of the traveling pants...they fit everyone and make your life better! Except mine have the entire butt patched up...because my size 5 booty doesn't fit into my size 1 jeans! :)
What I would give for a size 5 booty! Or a size five anything really...a 5 shoe,ring,Well maybe? how big are the patches? and how many are there? You are so stinkin darling if I didnt love ya I'd hate ya. I am proud of you and your bugger pickin self.xoxoxo Karen~
I was thinking of all the things I was greatful for while reading your blog today... my car.. I too love to pick my nose... and then I got to the part where you fit in your skinny jeans and decided that I hated you and everyone who can fit in their skinny jeans. Really I love reading your blog and it makes me think of all the small things. I sure love ya and am glad we are friends..
P.S. I was so concerned about you picking your nose in your car that I didn't comment on your skinny jeans...I thought you were skinny even when you couldn't fit in those jeans but I know you didn't so I'm really, really happy for you and I know that running isn't easy, so good luck with that.
I'm so happy that Brent and you both took the chance on the LDSSingles site. We are so happy to have be apart of our family. I'm so sorry if we helped to contribute to your rough few weeks, but I do hope that you know that we love you and we are so happy to get to have you in ourlives FOREVER!
Funny little thing, my kids love tacos also. That is one of the few things that everyone always seems to be happy about. On another little note, since I've began the whole running thing I've put on 5 pounds. Hmmm.... What's up with that?
Well I hope you have a better week. We love you all!
JoLynn
What an inspiring little post, Kam. It makes me wonder how much I am missing out on not living there anymore. You really need to come up and hang with me for an afternoon again so that I can get all caught up. And I just put all my skinny size 1 jeans in a big box until next year. I pray morning, noon and night that I will one day wear them again or I will have to fork over a fortune on a new wardrobe. See you in 3 weeks.
Glad all worked out for you, you are super lucky, wish my vehicles would last me more than 2 years!
Post a Comment