"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, October 19, 2009

Potential


At approximately 6:03 p.m. in Beaver Utah...with 4 people in line and no one else to speak of...
" I'll take three Happy Meals to go please. Two 4 piece chicken nuggets with apple dippers and one cheeseburger with ketchup only".

"Your number is 106 and that will be out SHORTLY"

At approximately 6:15...no order to speak of...but 6 employees with their hands in the air pacing back and forth looking confused and flustered.

At approximately 6:25...lots of chicken being made...still no sign of Happy (yeah right) meals...same 6 employees still looking confused...4 customers getting very anxious and irritated.

At Approximately 6:27 p.m....there are 6 happy meals now sitting on the deck waiting for some food item to complete the order.

At 6:29...food items placed in happy meal bags..."107 your order is ready"...this order consisted of two happy meals and I watched the other four head off in the direction of the drive thru.

At 6:29:30...me waving my receipt in the air and firmly shouting..."OH NO YOU DON'T. I have been here for 30 minutes...I am number 106...I have 3 happy meals and I want my money back NOW!!!

At 6:33 I am given my money back with a sincere apology although the man behind was yelling "just give the poor lady her *$#@&*^% food for FREE...you owe her at least that much"

At 6:36 we are back in the car headed for Cedar City.

At approximately 7:12 in Cedar City at the Taco Bell drive thru..."I will take a bean and cheese burrito, an order of taquitos with sour cream and a BEEFY CHEESY RICE burrito.

At 7:18 our food was handed over

At 7:22 I took a bite of my NACHO CHEESE and TOMATO burrito...there was NO RICE...there was NO BEEFY...there was however something green, slimy and rubbery which I have tried for days to convince myself was lettuce...but this BYU grad aint no dummy!!



COM'ON...IT'S FAST FOOD...NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the frustrating fast-food experiences, sometimes I wonder where the term "FAST" food came from because I seldom have what I would call a FAST experience. However, have you ever been to Wendy's over by DI? They are about as speedy as it gets. Oh well, the answer to this entire issue is to cook and eat at home... BUT who has time????

Justin and Julie said...

I can't believe that! I can't believe that McDonalds did not just give you some free food and that you had to starve all the way to Cedar City. Next time stop in Fillmore...That was your mistake going to Beaver J/K! (I had to say that because I am from Fillmore). As for taco Bell... I am thinking that may not have been lettuce...It is their new Rubbery Avocado topping that they are not promoting in public. Hope you are well after that food...Miss you and hope to see you and Saddie soon.

JoJo and Ralph said...

So for some reason that some day I will demand an explaination for Raleigh INSISTS on stopping at the Fillmore Burger King. And each and every time I need a shower afterward. The sickest people in the world live in Fillmore. The kicker is that they don't know they are gross. All they know is they have SIX whole teeth in their mouth and that is way better than most of the people in the trailer park. We don't expect our order to be correct or timely, but we do search it very well for HAIR and fingernails. FYI I always get the same thing... a small fry and a large diet coke. How germy can that be?