"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Terrible 2's-Day

Today is Tuesday and today is not so good. Gavin woke up this morning with a baseball sized lump on the right side of his throat. This picture does NOT do it justice! Can you tell it hurt BAD! My super dramatic child. We went to the Dr and were told he has a severe infection...the cure...rest and soft food?? So Gav and I stayed home today...sick (I have felt like I was getting sick for a week and a half...last night it hit me like a ton of bricks...Pig Flu, Black Lung, Mad Cow?? Who knows...I've got it)...in comfy clothes on the couch. We ate soft food and rested.



This is the sight I see now every Sunday night. Yep Brent is working out of town AGAIN. Its been three whole weeks in a row. This makes for really long hard lonely sad weeks. Today I miss my husband BAD! I miss the way he smells, I miss sitting next to him on the couch holding hands, I miss laying in bed with him as he falls asleep, I miss his early morning kisses and I miss him coming home each day after work.

I have had better days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but they'll get better again, I promise!

JoJo and Ralph said...

I hate these days. I too have a sick BABY. I too am super sick. So I know how you feel kindof. Only I went to work and made 400 mistakes because I am not clearheaded. I am so sorry that Brent is not there. I hate when Raleigh's gone. The days go so slow. Kisses to Gavin and you too.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm sorry that you guys aren't feeling good. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and I was literally in bed for 3 days. It was awful! I am still not completely up to par but I am so much better than I was. My heart goes out to you and I sure hope that you guys get to feeling better soon. I am also sorry that Brent has to be away. When Brian is gone life is very lonesome and sad. I'm sorry! Hang in there!

Love You Guys!
JoLynn

Marianne said...

My heart is going out to you! We went through all of the sick stuff last week...all of us! Hopefully it's done with us and you for awhile!

That lump! I haven't seen anything like it since Gena had the mumps!

Hang in there until the weekend and hug Brent's pillow!

Anonymous said...

Poor Gavin!!! Wow, that looks so terrible!! Hope you guys are getting better. As for the missing your husband thing, mine has been getting further certifications and taking 10 hr classes each day and when he comes home,he has homework till he goes to bed. Plus his regular work of 48 hours in a row makes for some lonely days, and super lonely nights! I wish you lived close by so we could keep each other company!
Getting the tonsils out was a night mare for me!!! I had 3 weeks of recovery! It was terrible!