34
That sounds OLD! I am officially OLD!
I feel old, I feel sore, wrinkled, parts of me are sliding down to meet other parts that jiggle when I move certain directions, it aches when I get out of bed in the morning, I go to bed before 9, I wake up by 5, I am eating dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon, I leave my blinker on for extended lengths of time, I count out and sort all the vitamins I take throughout the day, I am grouchier, I move slower and I have started admiring sweaters and polyester pant suits with floral patterns and sequins designs.
OLD I TELL YOU!!!
I had anticipated this birthday being a hard one for me. Gav and Sav are in SLC and Brent was working out of town. I was waking up all alone and turning 34.
BUT...
The day was actually quite fun.
I woke up to a phone call from my sweet husband. Nothing is better than hearing his voice first thing in the morning.
I got out of bed and cleaned my house from top to bottom.
I got dressed in bright colored clothes and headed out for a pedicure and a room full of 6 little Asians who sang "Happy Birffday" and did a well choreographed dance.
Then I went to 5 Guys with a few of my closest friends for a fattening lunch.
Brent was able to get home earlier than we thought so after a joyous reunion we went to Red Robin for dinner...salads and a Chocolate SHAKE! Anything I do is better when he is with me! Just having him home was the best gift of all!It was a H.E.L.L. of a good time!
Brent and I headed home around 10:00. I lasted 'til about 11:15. Brent woke me up for New Years and I was asleep again by 12:05 a.m.
Truth be told...34 feels a lot like 33. I woke up this morning as a 34 year old to start a new year...2010...laying next to me was the cutest man I have ever known. Just the sight of him makes me tingle, my knees weak and my heart pound.
Growing old with him by my side makes growing old sound exciting, hopeful and enjoyable.
We started off the New Year with a 4 mile run...not to bad for an OLD lady!
Happy New Year to you all.
Thanks for all the Birthday calls, texts, e-mails and thoughts!

6 comments:
I am so glad that you had a great birthday! We were sorry that we couldn't celebrated with you. I hope that the rest of your weekend goes super. We love you all!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Happy birthday my dear! You know, everything is relative. In my mind you are not old at all but most likely just the right age! (You ain't seen nothin' yet!) As long as you can stay up all night and run four miles the next day you aren't doing too bad at all!
You are so stinkin cute so no complaining about being old. Happy birthday to you! and I am glad that there is nothing but clear skies ahead for your precious family! xoxo
Happy Birthday Kam! 35 is even better....but in a short 3 months I'll even know what 36 is like! Glad it was a fabulous day for you!:)
I am so happy that I was there to watch you blow out the candles. It was a fun night. You are the best lookin' 34 year old I know
Lunch was fun.. I am happy I got to spend some of your Birffffday with you... but geez could someone please tell me that my face is WHITE.... I mean get a tan lady white and remove that 3rd chin please.... Maybe that is just me being 34, :) Love ya tons
Post a Comment