"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Six by Brent

I'm grateful to my wife who is forcing me to do this Sunday 6. Truth is I don't want to do this, I've been stressed and unhappy as of late. This may actually do me some good, so thanks Kam!

1. Kami Michele.... What a Hottie!! I am so very thankful to this girl who loves me and deals with everything that comes with me. I miss my wife! I am out of town working quite a bit and honestly we just don't see a whole lot of each other. The weekends come and go quickly. Last week was a very taxing week at work. 7am to 8pm Monday through Thursday and 5 more hours on Friday equals 55 hours and one tired and grumpy husband. She puts up with a lot and in a lot of ways is a single mom again. I love and admire her! She finds a way to get things done. Last week I missed her and the kids and had a hard time in Ogden. Seeing her Friday evening was a reminder of how blessed I really am to have her in my life. Tomorrow morning at 3 I will leave her again for the week... Thanks for all you do and who you are! I love you Kam!!


2. Bowling with the kids. Last weekend we took the kids bowling and they each got to invite a friend. It was a good time had by all! A trip to Krave for frozen yogurt after topped off the afternoon. Smiles and laughter were all around us. It was all about them for most of that Saturday. Just the way it should be! Thanks to Meghan and Cousin Grant for spending some time with us. I last saw the kids a week ago today and it won't be until this next Friday that I see them again. I miss seeing them around the house and hearing their voices and laughter. I love them and am itching to see them! P.S. Kam bowled a 174!! Yeah that's right!


3. My Birthday! Thank you to all who took the time to wish me a happy day. I love you all! I was in Fillmore working on this blessed day. Last year I was in Tonapah Nevada. Maybe I can catch a break and be close to home one of these years and celebrate with the family? Kam took the time to come and see me this year! Actually it was a huge surprise to me. I walked into my hotel room at about 6 in the evening to find a well decorated room and a HOT wife waiting for me! It was nice to share a meal and great conversation with my best friend in room 224. She did an amazing job of making me feel special.



4. Susan Gayle Ellsworth. Monday was her birthday. She was a special person to many. We love and miss her! Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!

5. The Temple. Yesterday morning we were able to attend an early morning session with Jim, Nance, Russell and Kori. I love the peace and the feeling that the Temple has to offer. We are truly blessed to have a Temple 5 minutes from us. The happiness that comes when you are able to stand shoulder to shoulder with loved ones in the celestial room is second to none. It was a great morning!

6. MINNESOTA VIKINGS. Holy crap they are one win away from the Super Bowl! My teams don't usually get this close to winning championships so when I say I'm already a nervous wreck for next week I mean every word of it! It has been such a fun season with Favre at the helm. I know most of my Utah family is rooting for the Colts, but as for me and my house, we will root for the Vikes! GO VIKINGS!




Just so you know...those are Kam's feet. Yes she has Vikings Knee socks and wore them all day yesterday. She is very suportive of ALL my teams and I love her for it!

8 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

First of all I can not believe that you dress in that attire! Thank goodness it is just in the privacy of your own home! And just so you know I will be rooting for ANY team BUT the Vikings and FARVE! (What a low life trader!)

Anyway, I just want to say how very sorry I am that you have to be away AGAIN. That is awful. Our prayers are with you that your work situation can improve and be able to keep you at home. You guys are amazing to be able to keep dong this. Hang in there!

We love you all! Thanks for your good examples!

Love ya,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Great Sunday Six, Brent. I hope thinking about happy things will help you get through next week and the week after that and so on...So did you wear that Vikings shirt to church today? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is YES! You're right, I, for one, will be rooting for the Colts but next weekend I will also be rooting for the Vikings then we'll see what happens after that. So good luck to your team and to mine. Hang in there, I know working out of town and being away from your family is so hard but there are things that could be so much worse, this is just temporary in the eternal scheme of things. You're a wonderful SIL and we love you and appreciate all you do to make our family happy.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

We were very happy that the Vikings beat the Cowboys. We will cheer for the Vikings until they play the Colts. I like Brett Favre a ton, but I LOVE Austin Collie and Payton Manning.
Sorry about your work situation. I hope things will improve or that you can find something else. We are keeping our ears open.

Julianne said...

I am laughing at the picture of you...I am assuming watching the game. I remember you looking like this a lot when you are watching sports but you normally look like that because your team is losing - a regular thing, you losing bets constantly! :)

Hope you guys have a good week!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I love my husband more than anything in the world. I love that he does Sunday Six just because I asked him to...even though he didn't want to. I love him for working hard even though he is ALWAYS far away. He is AMAZING to me. I am so blessed.
P.S. Did anyone else notice that the Happy Birthday banner said HAPPY BIRTHAY?? Thats what you get when you make purchases at the $ store! hehehe!

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't notice the "Happy Birthay" banner but I think that is so funny. So much for the $ Store...just when I was beginning to warm up to it.

Marianne said...

I hope you get a Super Bowl win this year Brent! How great would that be??

I am also hoping and praying that you will be able to work at home soon. It's got to be so hard!

I miss your mom too. I was just telling Brian that over on his blog. I thought about all of you this last week. I hope you are all well and happy in spite of difficult things going on. You keep on going to the temple every chance you get. THe peace that comes form that place is so wonderful!

Love you!

JoJo and Ralph said...

I've said it before, but I love that you blog, Brent. I can barely get my husband to read our blog. And I love that the Vikings are doing so well. I hope we will see you at the Superbowl Party. Unfortunately, I will be rooting for Peyton, since he has a huge crush on me.