"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Locks of LOVE

Today Savanna donated 8-10 inches of her long beautiful soft flowing hair to Locks of LOVE.
She decided to donate her locks to the children's foundation so it will be used to make a wig for a child.
A sacrifice worth making! Don't ya think?
Carie, our dear friend and stylist said it only takes 3 seconds to have "Hair Regret"...I was feeling it all day yesterday before the process even started.
But when all was said and done...I was thrilled. She looks just as cute if not cuter with short hair...and she will help make another child's life just a little better.
Good job her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savanna, I'm so proud of you. What a generous thing for you to do and I really love your shorter hair. You look just as cute as ever, maybe cuter, if that's possible. I've always known you were a special girl and this is just one of the ways you have proven it.

Marianne said...

Cute hair Savanna! You did a wonderful thing by donating your gorgeous lock!j Two of my daughter have done this several times. It is always a good feeling to help someone else!

JoJo and Ralph said...

Wow. That is a ton of hair to cut off but it is beautiful, healthy hair and someone will be so grateful to have what we take for granted. The new cut is darling though. I will try and talk Allie into that. I miss Allen.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is awesome! I think that is a great thing you did and look what you got out of it-another darling hair do:)

I also love your darling new back ground!

Love ya,
JoLynn

Gena said...

I LOVE reading your posts even though I'm a crazy woman who doesn't post as often as she'd like. My girls have done locks of love a few times now and, yes, "hair regret" sets in but they've never had the regret towards the giving aspect of it. You've a special girl there.