I must say RUNNING in our events is SO much more fun than WORKING our events!


This last Friday we had our 3rd annual Midnight 5K which we held on the old airport runway! What a perfect location for a night run! it looks out over the entire city.
I started working about 7:30 doing registration, packet pick-up and troubleshooting...but as you runners know...runners wait until the last minute to show up for a race...so it was a busy race and a little stressful...625 people anxious to run, registering, picking up their numbers and glow in the dark memorabilia in approximately 25 minutes time...we were swamped! Lucky for me Mom and Dad were there to take pictures and Brent was there to help get me ready for the race. As I continued to work he put my timing chip on my shoe, pinned my bib to my shirt and made sure my shoes were tied tight...unfortunately he forgot to remind me to go potty as we rushed to the start line 3 minutes after the race started!
Needless to say it was an "interesting" run for me! Brent started quick and was out of sight in about 2 minutes...as he weaved in and out of all the walkers and stroller pushers I tried to keep up. I held my own until mile 1...BUT...many of you who have given birth to children know that babies do wonders to your body...I suffer from bladder control issues (among many other non-attractive "birth defects")...or lack of control I should say! Sneezing is never fun, jumping jacks are out of the question and running is always questionable...unless I relieve myself just prior to the start. Well since I forgot to do that I literally wet my pants from mile 1 until the finish line at mile 3.1! Fortunately I wore black and it was dark...I am pretty sure I am the only one that noticed...oh the BURN!
Despite the potty problems Brent and I did pretty dang good!
Brent took 43 overall (out of 625) with a time of 22:43 and 7th in his age division...not to mention he was the HOTTEST runner out there...no one will EVER beat him in that category..or in the category of BEST HUSBAND EVER!!!
I took 143 overall with a time of 26:35 and placed 5th in my division!...and I definitely had the COOLEST head gear EVER!...which was the perfect distraction from my pee filled britches!


10 comments:
Good job, Pee-Pants! LOL! I'm not sure I could continue with whiz-filled britches, but I'm darn proud of ya! And that is an excellent time!
T-M-I...for sure!! It was a fun night, a little on the late side but fun nonetheless. Congrats to you and Brent for your great times! We're excited for your half-marathon coming soon.
Nice! Love that you admit all of the good, bad, and the ugly. And not a bad time...You would have had me beat by at least 5 minutes! Someday I'll run something faster than a 10 minute mile:)
That is awesome! I am really proud of you and Brent!
Love and Miss You All!
JoLynn
I am just amazed at you two! You are so awesome and I love the way you embrace life and RUN with it! Good job!
I am with you on the pregnancy induced problems. Yes. Been there.
Kami I so loved your latest Blog. I just read a few of the past ones that I have missed and loved all of them. But I am commenting on the latest. What fun times you guys have. Running at midnight must have been a blast. One I would have really enjoyed MANY YEARS AGO but would have to pass up now but I liked hearing about the fun you and Brent had. It really does my heart good to know how good you are for Brent and what happiness you have brought to him. I will forever love you for it. Give Savannah a birthday hug for me. Love Grandma Helen
Way to go! You are only cool if you pee your pants! :)
So fun to find your blog!
Kam, you inspire me! Thanks for the laugh this morning.
How do you know you're next to a woman who's had a baby? She has to cross her legs when she sneezes! I'm so impressed with your running! (when I was jumping on the trampoline at Lyndsey's did anyone notice how many times I "went" back into the house...?)
The midnight run sounds fun! I may need to come to town for one of your races although I am not the best runner.
Post a Comment