We arrived at the start at 5:30 am, found a great place on the rocks and watched 1600 participants swim their hearts out for 2.4 miles.
(me trying to by in a picture with the winner...it didn't work so well, my friend Colby Allen finishing his 2nd Ironman, my volunteers folding finisher shirts, Brent shouting out his runners needs...he took very good care of each person)
We caught runners, awarded them with their medallions, gave them finisher hats and shirts and walked them to the recovery area...we did this until midnight!
It was a LONG day for all of us but a very inspirational day as well. It is truly amazing watching the athletes...all shapes and sizes...complete 140 miles and 17 hours of HELL...with a smile on their face...not to mention bloody knees, bloody nipples, road rash, pee and poo filled shorts and still a positive attitude! They are so grateful to those there to help them and are so overjoyed by their accomplishment.
I love watching Brent at these events. He is such a good man. He is so selfless and service oriented. People just love him after spending just 10 minutes walking through the finish line shoute with his arm wrapped around them. He had 1200 new friends by the time he left last night!
I am so lucky to have a supportive husband...and I am so PROUD to be his wife. I love him more than words can express!
He is my IRONMAN!!!


6 comments:
Yeah. Another successful event completed. It looks fun too. I loved what you said about Brent. Isn't it the greatest feeling to be proud of your husband?
You get to do so many fun, challenging, interesting events. I love that Brent helps you with them! He is pretty amazing! He comes from a family of good men!
WOW! What an incredible event. I'm always glad when it's over and no one died. I'm glad you're still smiling and that you have fond memories of such a grueling day.
You are very lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive husband.
Sounds like you ran your OWN ironman/woman! Nice job! Sheesh! How was it stripping all those people? I bet it was like a dream come true! ;~)
Glad you had Brent there to help. What a stallion he is. You're a lucky lady, but you deserve him, too.
It sounds like it was another successful event and that you survived with even a smile to boot. That is awesome! I'm so glad that you too have a wonderful Ellsworth man to help you and love you! These Ellsworth guys are pretty wonderful!
You make the race sound so inviting. Who wouldn't want to do an Iron Man competition after reading this. My cousin actually was in it Saturday. Maybe you helped him strip LOL!
Post a Comment