"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 23, 2011

WE had GUESTS from AZ!!!

As you know from reading my blog we were able to go to Vegas last weekend to see most of our AZ family. Unfortunately Morty and Lyndsey were unable to come that weekend. BUT fortunately they won a vacation package to Vegas for THIS weekend.

Lyndsey called me Saturday and said "How would you like some visitors tomorrow"? Apparently she and Bryan didn't really want to spend the Sabbath in Las Vegas...who could blame them??

So yesterday morning they met us at church...since Morty put the wrong address in the GPS and they found themselves lost in the industrial park...and then came home with us for a BBQ!


I am sorry to say we were NOT the best hosts...although we had a lot of food we didn't make any plans to entertain. Mostly we just visited, watched ASU Softball, Diamondbacks Baseball and played games on Lyndsey's new iPad...which Brent and I are now convinced we NEED!

The Fruit Ninja Beat Down was compelling and the Moron Test was FRUSTRATING and watching Brent was COMICAL.

We are so happy we were able to see the Mortensen's and we were so thrilled to have our first AZ sibling guests! I promise next time we will be more fun and have PLENTY of things planned!
We are counting down the days til June when we can see EVERYONE again.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun day with Bryan and Lyndsey. I'm glad they got to visit St. George again. I think those Ipads are the greatest, we should all have one.

Marianne said...

Oh yeah...there's been an Ipad in our house since last fall. It is the dandiest little thing for just web surfing on the couch!The high score on Fruit Ninja just keeps climbing. We are a competitive bunch when it comes to the virtual world. I also don't think Bryan and Lyndsey minded just hanging out. What better way to be with family?!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so way jealous that Morty and Lyndsey beat us to St. George but we'll be making a trip there this year come heck or high water! I'm glad that you guys had a great time and personally I think that just hanging out sounds delightful!

Take Care,
JoLynn