Blake had a football camp at UNLV this weekend and most of the Ellsworth family...including Brain and JoLynn plus kids and Dick and Sherri all came to Las Vegas for the weekend...so we did to.
We made reservations at the Luxor and bought a package deal of 3 VEGAS attractions...all appropriate of course...which we enjoyed in between our "All Day All-You-Can-Eat" buffet passes we also purchased.
We toured the Titanic Exhibit full of actual artifacts found and salvaged from the wreckage...all the while saying Jack, Jack, Rose, Rose, Rose, Jack...and singing the dreaded Celine Dion.It was pretty amazing really and the kids were entertained especially when Conner set off the alarm system and scared the -------- out of all of us.
After the Titanic we went through the Bodies Exhibit. I am still not sure how I feel about that. My children were embarrassed by all the "anatomy" showing, I was a little disturbed by all the bulging eyeballs and thought it was kind of funny that the "bodies" were high five-ing each other??? Interesting...I guess???...but one time through was definitely enough for me.
After trying our darnedest to see the Bellagio Fountains, swearing, yelling at each other, walking for hours, getting lost in attempt to find the lousy monorail and feeding all the homeless people in Las Vegas...we decided they were not worth the effort, turned around and came back to the hotel.
We did however enjoy the Lion Exhibit.
In our next adventure...we all played crime solving detectives at the CSI Interactive attraction.
We chose a scenario, surveyed the crime scene, did the lab work, processed the evidence and determined Lucy...aka Penny (a runaway from age 14), our DEAD waitress/up and coming actress was given tainted drugs by a jealous friend named Diana...which she overdosed on in a back alley and then was run over post mortem. Which I am not to sure was a bad thing...seeing how she was hooked up with a loser named John who was a car thief who was not very cute and spelled Later - L8r in a text message like a total pansy. I am pretty sure Diana did her a HUGE favor.

We toured the M & M factory, gave praise to my man Kyle Busch...watched the lamest 3D M & M movie...thanks to Blake...and then went through the Coke Factory as well...but seeing how we are Pepsi fans...it didn't really do anything for me.

It was a busy two days...a lot of eating, a lot of walking and a TON of fun.
We were able to watch Blake at his snapping competition for a while this morning.
He did VERY well. Good Job Blake.
I was glad for the excuse to drive to Vegas for the weekend and spend time with the family.
We love you all and miss you already!...however...we will NOT be taking our kids there again anytime soon. Gavin said he NEVER wants to go again because he was surrounded by things that are "NOT GOOD"...if he ONLY knew.
In our next adventure...we all played crime solving detectives at the CSI Interactive attraction.We chose a scenario, surveyed the crime scene, did the lab work, processed the evidence and determined Lucy...aka Penny (a runaway from age 14), our DEAD waitress/up and coming actress was given tainted drugs by a jealous friend named Diana...which she overdosed on in a back alley and then was run over post mortem. Which I am not to sure was a bad thing...seeing how she was hooked up with a loser named John who was a car thief who was not very cute and spelled Later - L8r in a text message like a total pansy. I am pretty sure Diana did her a HUGE favor.

We toured the M & M factory, gave praise to my man Kyle Busch...watched the lamest 3D M & M movie...thanks to Blake...and then went through the Coke Factory as well...but seeing how we are Pepsi fans...it didn't really do anything for me.

It was a busy two days...a lot of eating, a lot of walking and a TON of fun.
We were able to watch Blake at his snapping competition for a while this morning.
He did VERY well. Good Job Blake.
I was glad for the excuse to drive to Vegas for the weekend and spend time with the family.
We love you all and miss you already!...however...we will NOT be taking our kids there again anytime soon. Gavin said he NEVER wants to go again because he was surrounded by things that are "NOT GOOD"...if he ONLY knew.

8 comments:
We had a fabulous time with you guys! We were so glad that you guys were able to join us! I'd felt so bad to only have my children exposed to sin city (ha ha). We are looking forward to seeing you guys next month!
Love and miss you (already)!
JoLynn
Much of what you talked about here I didn't understand but it sounds like fun anyway. The part I did get was that you all had really good food to eat and that's what's really important. I'm glad you had a fun weekend and that Gavin recognizes "not good" when he sees it!!
Oh man! There's plenty of "not good" there! Good for Gavin! Glad you had a good time though. It's always fun to be with family!
I love reading about your family so much. Must admit I'm a little jealous of not getting to hang out in Las Vegas with you all. I'd like to hang again sometime when things aren't so frenetic! Fun!
I'm glad to hear you found something in Vegas besides porn! Yep, I took my kids once and made the mistake of walking around. I have sworn to never return...at least not with them in tow!
Dude! You guys know how to have a par-tay!
p.s. I'm glad Gavin has his head on straight.
Sounds like a busy, fun weekend. It is always fun to get together. Sometimes whatever you are doing is fun just because of who you are with.
Good job Blake. I bet he was fantastic.
I love reading your blog! You guys are always up to something fun. It is soooooo awesome to see you SOOOOOO happy! You deserve the best! Looks like you had a great time in Vegas!
Post a Comment