This has been a very busy week in the Ellsworth home...or I guess technically...outside the Ellsworth home.
This week St George hosted the NJCAA Championship again. Which meant I spent most of my week out at the ball field accompanied by my handsome husband (while on his lunch break) along side his friend and former employee BOB who came to cheer on Yavapai...who by the way won the championship this afternoon.
3 full days of softball, one full day and a half of rain and delayed games and one full day of HEAT and sunburns!
This was Brent and Gavin's first camp out together.
I was not there so I cannot speak for the two of them...but from the reports I received as they both walked through the door I assume it didn't go quite as well as it could have. Gavin fell in the river with NO extra socks or shoes, he got poked by a cactus, dropped his breakfast in the dirt and announced to the entire camp that the camp out was a disaster. Brent however didn't say anything...he just shook his head and walked straight into the room to unload his smoke filled clothes in the hamper. I am not sure they will be going on any more camp outs anytime soon.
Shannon and Megan joined Savanna and I for dinner and a movie.
We met at Red Robin to eat and then went to see "Soul Surfer".
It was a very good movie, very inspirational and motivating. Definitely a wholesome family movie with a good message. You don't see much of that anymore.
After our date Savanna had a couple friends sleepover. It was a late night and a VERY early morning.

After camping, cleaning up from the sleepover, more softball, too much sun, a migraine, getting lost, fighting and hiking...we made our way to Gavin's first Court of Honor...held in some remote park in St George that I didn't even know existed...where he received his Tenderfoot!
Good Job Gavin...we are so proud of you.

Now we are home, in our PJ's watching the All-Star race. Happy to be home, happy to be relaxing, happy to be done with all the things we had to do and happy to be together!
After camping, cleaning up from the sleepover, more softball, too much sun, a migraine, getting lost, fighting and hiking...we made our way to Gavin's first Court of Honor...held in some remote park in St George that I didn't even know existed...where he received his Tenderfoot!
Good Job Gavin...we are so proud of you.
Now we are home, in our PJ's watching the All-Star race. Happy to be home, happy to be relaxing, happy to be done with all the things we had to do and happy to be together!



3 comments:
Sounds like one of those "vacations" where you need a vacation just to recover from it! Fun, but exhausting. :)
Wow! That sounds like one h**l of week to me. Much like mine, a week from h**l. Anyway, I'm quite sure that the camp out will be one of those trips that gets better the longer your home. By next Fathers and Sons they'll be excited to go again. But I have to ask-does this mean that Brent wouldn't want to go camping with us over the 4th of July?
Hopefully, you'll be able to get some rest and relaxation for the rest of the weekend and enjoy yourselves a bit!
Take Care-Love You!
JoLynn
Crazy, busy weekend. That is funny about the fathers/sons campout. I can just hear Gavin announcing that it was horrible. Poor kid. Sounds like he had a rough night.
Looks like the girls had a fun night though. I have always believed that Fathers/Sons is more about the moms left behind than anything.
Good job Gavin getting your Tenderfoot. That is great!
Post a Comment