This weekend was spent in Arizona. We have been counting down the days for months for this trip to come. We have been missing our AZ family so much these days and were so excited to get to come down for a visit.
Brent was able to take a day off work so we left Thursday evening...however we got there too late to do anything other than say hi to some of the Ellsworth's and then head straight to bed.
Friday morning we got up, helped with "the chores", got ready for the day and made a quick trip to Superstition Springs mall for some ASU gear.
The Ellsworth kids got out of school early on Friday so the family went to Amazing Jake's for lunch and some fun.
I think Gavin had the MOST fun. He started with 9 slices of watermelon, three huge helpings of Mac and Cheese, some pizza and bread sticks...then he proceeded to clean house on the ticket games. Three Jackpots in a row which added up to over 1800 tickets.
Savanna started the Wheel of Fortune trend with her big win of 125 tickets...after many attempts no one else even came close...11 here, 8 there...it's a rip off game...I decided!
The whole family enjoyed the games, the buffet and the company.
So we all got dressed in our Tigers shirts and drove into Chandler for the game.
The Tigers came up short...but Blake did PERFECT! Every snap was right where it needed to be...I think its because of the "Perfect Snap" rules he has hanging on his bathroom mirror. I believe in mirror quotes...always have. When you read something everyday while you are face to face with yourself...you remember and you act accordingly.
Good Job Blake...we are so proud of you!
Saturday morning we all woke up and fed "Norman" (I'm not sure what his real name is...or if he is going to get one considering he will be beef shortly...but Norman works for me).He is pretty cute...
...however NOTHING is cuter than this guy!!!...
...however NOTHING is cuter than this guy!!!...After the feeding a little Uncle/Nephew beat down began.
Ya know...Brent held his own against this kid who now out weighs his uncle by 25 pounds and has a good 20 years on him! I think Brent's body will be paying the price for a few days!...unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Brent dominating this match when he grabbed Blake by the neck and literally threw him over his back onto his head...and then got up and just walked away!
That night we met up with some of the family at El Charro for DELICIOUS Mexican Food!
Last night we went to watch Gavyn Mortenson play in his flag football game. They also lost but they played their little hearts out!
After the game we went back to Morty's for the BEST cookie cheesecake EVER and we "Laid Wood" (or AKA playing the Train Game).
Ya know...Brent held his own against this kid who now out weighs his uncle by 25 pounds and has a good 20 years on him! I think Brent's body will be paying the price for a few days!...unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Brent dominating this match when he grabbed Blake by the neck and literally threw him over his back onto his head...and then got up and just walked away!YEP...that's MY man!
That afternoon we took the kids to "Sweeties"...the ultimate candy store.
Like we need MORE candy in our lives!
Last night we went to watch Gavyn Mortenson play in his flag football game. They also lost but they played their little hearts out!I can't believe I didn't take a single picture!...it got heated, names were called, things were thrown, words were said...but what else is new??
This morning we woke up too early and drove home.
Another super FUN weekend in Arizona... 4 1/2 weeks til we get to come again!
Love you all and miss you already!! Thanks for the GOOD time!


4 comments:
Man, after you mentioned, "Laying wood", I thought you were talking about having a family pooping party or something! :~P Glad you clarified... ;~)
That Gavin... You are going to have to take on another full-time job just to feed the kid! And why didn't you head to Vegas instead of AZ?? He could have paid off your house with that kind of luck and winnings. Or at least paid for his own food. ;~) Sheesh!
When are you going to go see "The Help" with me?? :)
We had SUCH a GREAT time with you guys~as always! Thanks for coming. We sure love you guys. We are counting down till we see you again!
Love You All!
JoLynn
Sounds like such a fun trip. I like the trips that involve tons of eating!
How lucky you are to have such fun in-laws.
Another fun AZ trip! I love all the pictures. I especially love little "Norman" or whatever his name is...sooooo cute! I think he'll be around for a long time.
Post a Comment