"Whatever its composition, the family continues; for families can be FOREVER."
Prez. Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A couple TRICKS...and LOTS of TREATS!!

It has been a while since I posted so I thought I would do a little catch up on whats been going on in the lives of Ellsworth party of 4.

There have been a few bumps (tricks)...but the good (treats) far out weigh the bad.


Savanna: TREAT

Savanna was chosen for Student Council at her school. She is having a blast doing morning announcements, planning school activities and attending Leadership Training Conferences at Dixie State College. Anything that puts her in the spotlight is PERFECT!..or so SHE thinks.

The TRICK:

MORE self-esteem...my philosophy has always been the more the better...however Savanna seems to have enough to "feed a small village". We will see where she takes that!

Gavin: TREAT
Gavin is doing SO well in school this year. I worried for NO REASON. 100% in every class. He is excelling in art...which I expected. His teacher has framed and hung one of his drawings in the hallway of the school. I was able to go see it last week. I was very proud. He is VERY talented.
TRICK:
Gavin is STILL growing and now weighs 122 pounds and yet he is a lean NOT-mean HANDSOME machine...but it costs a FORTUNE to feed this kid. Not to mention the 5 new pairs of pants I had to buy. YIKES!

Brent: TREAT:
Brent is liking his new position and is doing VERY well.
TRICK:
He now weighs 154 pounds and is dropping weight like crazy. I keep his truck stocked with protein shakes, ensure, fattening snacks and anything I can think of that might put some pounds back on his skinny body but nothing seems to work.
Skinny = YES...still just as HOT = ABSOLUTELY!!
TRICK 2:
Brent is sick these days...cold season is here and he is feeling it BIG TIME!

Kami: TREAT
I was able to take a quick trip to SLC to meet with some sponsors this week. Even though it dumped snow on me the whole drive up I was still able to enjoy my trip. Especially my dinner with two BEAUTIFUL friends of mine...Heather and Daria. It was so fun to visit and catch up...and EAT at CHEESECAKE FACTORY. Yummy!!!
TRICK:
I lost a hubcap off my new cute car and so now I look like total white trash. My new chrome wheels are on their way...hopefully they will get here soon.

Family: TREAT
This week was Halloween and we were all able to go to Papa and Nana's for dinner and "Trick-or-treating" with the Hyde's.



Mom and Dad: TREAT

This year we decided the kids were old enough to go trick-or-treating on their own. So all the adults stayed in the warm house, watched football, ate treats and laughed a ton.

TRICK:

Papa and Nana seem to have a lot of "picky" trick-or-treaters. No one liked the candy they were giving out, many complained about the amount and one "was not allowed to eat nuts"...it made for an entertaining night for sure!


Well there you have it.

Our Tricks and Treats in a NO-Nut shell!

5 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Tell those bratty trick-or-treaters that if they don't like the FREE stuff you're giving out, they can get their lazy @$$3$ a job! :~P Your kids' costumes look awesome! I think I'm gonna have to be Twister next year. Why didn't I think of that one??

Anonymous said...

Hey, this was a great update...I learned a few new things. Congrats to Gavin and Savanna on their school accomplishments so far this year. I really love watching the kids get older and seeing their personalities develop. You really have great kids.

I'm glad Brent is enjoying his new job but this losing weight business has got to stop! Surely he can turn all this hard work into big muscles soon.

What's up with losing a hubcap on your brand new car??

I'm glad you had a fun work (??)trip up north. We will be heading up there ourselves tomorrow and I'm getting pretty excited about it, except for the prediction of snow. YIKES!

Yes, we have quite the trick-or-treating neighborhood and "picky" is just the right word. Not only do these kids come from 'who knows where' but they come with such strong opinions. Next year I'm going to give them Dad's "times are tough kid, take what you get" speech!!

Marianne said...

Happy for your kid's successes! It's always a relief when they are happy and doing well, isn't it?

What is Brent's new position? Ia it different from the new one you announced awhile back? He's running so much these days it's not a surprise how skinny he's getting. Wish I could run, but I hate it.

We had only nice, polite trick-or-treaters. I can't imagine kids telling you they didn't like your treats! They are probably the ones who get dropped off in the neighborhood, the little ingrates!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love this post it was great! I also love your new background-way cute!
I think Savanna just knows her self worth and frankly I think that we should all remember that a little more often. She is darling and wonderful and there is nothing wrong with knowing that! Gavin is equally darling and wonderful. I am always amazed at the things he says. He brightens my day and makes me smile!
I worry very much about Brent's weight loss. I know it's not out of a lack of trying to put some meat on that boys bones. I think he should maybe go to the doctor, if this doesn't stop!
I am so glad that you got to have a fun lunch but I'm so sorry about your new car. I love your new car. It goes with you-it's beautiful!
The kids costumes are so cute and creative! I also love your t-shirt. Way fun!
Now about those trick or treaters...we had some of the same trick or treaters at our house. I was shocked at the rudeness of some of them. Brian was so irritated he was ready to shut the lights out and eat the candy ourselves. Actually he wanted to do that from the beginning:)
I'm counting down until we see you guys again-3 wks.

Love ya all,
JoLynn

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Fun post. Halloween was such a fun night. I liked the kids going out by themselves. Sorry about all tricks... but it makes the treats much more appreciated.