This has been a busy week. A week full of BIG accomplishments and SUCCESS!
It started off with spirit week at Gavin's school.
Dress like a Book Character day. Gav was Harry Potter
Dress your BEST day...the entire school attended the local production of "Les Miserables"
Dress like an Athlete day. Gav wore all ASU attire.
Dress like your Parent day...
Gavin was awarded the 3rd place in Visual Arts for his drawing of "Diverse City". A picture of two different/opposite dragons, from two different/opposite kingdoms, fighting together to protect their ONE city.
I don't have a picture of the picture because it is currently hanging in the school.
Savanna was awarded the "Kindness" award and had the opportunity to eat lunch with the Principal.
Gavin had completed the SHAC Tri last spring but this time he teamed up with his sister as she competed for the first time.
As they stood in line for their turn in the pool Savanna was a little leery. She was nervous and had no idea what to expect. But with some encouragement from her mom (who was working and starting the pool portion of the event) and her brother who has experience...she bravely jumped in with two feet and started her FIRST Triathlon.



They both finished strong with smiles on their faces. They did so well and were so proud of themselves.Brent, Nana and I stood at the finish and cheered them on...we too were SO proud!
I am so blessed to be the mom of these two amazing kids. They have challenged me, they have taught me, they have uplifted me...but most important they have loved me everyday and have been a constant reminder from my Heavenly Father of the love He has for us. How honored I am that he sent these two to me and Brent to raise and bring them home to him.
We hope each of you have a week FAR Beyond Measure!



4 comments:
Yay! Good job Gavin and Savanna! What great accomplishments. We are so proud of both of you. I can sympathize with Savanna... the first race is always scary. But way to follow through and face those fears. Also, good job with the reflections contest and the kindness award. What an "awarding" week.
Congratulations to Gavin and Savanna on a wonderful accomplishment! It really does take courage to do scary things and these kids are full of courage and I'm so proud of them for facing their fears (Gavin last year and Savanna this year). I loved being able to watch them participate in and complete the triathlon. Events like this keep making me cry...I wonder if I'll ever get over that??
Congratulations on their other "this week" accomplishments and awards. I can't wait to see what next week will bring.
Good job to Gavin and Savanna! That was one week full of great accomplishments. I know that they are such great kids because of their great examples and parents.You are an amazing little family you guys are. Can't wait to see you!
Love You All,
JoLynn
So impressive! You and Brent are doing such a wonderful job of being parents! You are a great example of fitness and it is awesome to see them following along! I am proud of you all!
Post a Comment