Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and Brent and I will be in Arizona while the kids are in SLC. I decided that I would take a minute or two today to express all my gratitude and give thanks for all the blessings in my life. Well...I guess not ALL the blessings or I would be here for a few days.I am the luckiest girl in the world.
I have been blessed with the most loving, caring, hard working, HANDSOME husband. Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed and sent Brent to me. He is so understanding, easy going and really knows how to take care of me. He knows exactly how to love me and he makes me feel like I am the most important person in his world. Each day I feel honored to be his wife and I am proud of who he is and the life he leads. He healed my heart and has given me true happiness that will last for eternity.
I am thankful for his smile, his laugh.
I am thankful for his job and that he is honest and patient.
I am thankful for his health.
I am thankful for his style and how darling he looks in his clothes.
I am thankful for his kisses and how he falls asleep with his hand on my leg every night.
I am thankful that he loves me and tells me everyday.
I have two of the most well behaved, smart, lovable children...who teach me each day what unconditional love really is. They have had a pretty rough little life in some ways yet they have always remained positive and have adapted so well to their unfortunate family situation.
I am thankful that Gavin is so talented and that he allows himself to feel proud.
I am thankful that Savanna is such a good friend and has learned to be a leader and not a follower.
I am thankful that Gavin is mature enough not to care about what other kids think of him and that he has enough confidence to deal with teasing from others...along with that I am thankful that he doesn't get teased very often anymore.
I am thankful that Savanna has a high opinion of herself and that she believes she can do anything.
I am thankful that they are KIND to others.
I am thankful that they keep their rooms clean (when asked) and that they are so obedient.
I am thankful that they love to read scriptures each night and are the ones who make sure we are reading daily.
I am thankful for their hugs and kisses, for blown kisses and "I love you" finger waves.
I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for my family. I have the greatest parents, sisters and in-laws. I am surrounded by WONDERFUL!
I am thankful for parents who taught me truth and who allowed me to make choices...both good and bad.
I am thankful that they are close and share in our lives.
I am thankful that Kaci and I relate and can give and share advice.
I am thankful for Kori's example of how to be completely selfless and how to be a fabulous mom.
I am thankful that Kori and I spend an hour together each morning walking, talking and being sisters!
I am thankful for brothers who love my sisters and who are good men with strong testimonies.
I am thankful for Brent's family and their open loving arms that welcomed me in and have made me feel so loved and appreciated.
I am thankful for Dick's "Kami treats".
I am thankful for new sisters who I share traditions with and inside jokes. I am thankful for their friendship.
I am thankful for new brothers who make me laugh so hard. Who are just REAL no matter what.
I am thankful to be an aunt to so many amazing kids who all strive to do what is right, who make good choices and who honor their parents...well all but Allie :)
I am thankful for my job.
I am thankful for so many dear friends both near and far.
I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am thankful for my testimony.
I am thankful for good health that allows me to do so many fun things.
I am thankful for my calling in Young Women and all that those girls have taught me so far.
I am thankful for a new car that is quiet and safe...and gets good gas mileage.
I am thankful for blogs and that I can stay close to friends and family who are far away.
I am thankful for sports and that I get to watch games sitting next to the cutest guy I know.
I am thankful for honesty, modesty and conviction.
I am thankful for each of YOU!
I hope you all have a HAPPY, safe THANKSGIVING!

4 comments:
You are so lucky to have the life you have and to be so blessed. I could just about "ditto" all that you have to be thankful for. We are so thankful for you and for loving Brent unconditionally and for being such a wonderful and unselfish wife. Thank you for being such a good example to me. You are an amazing woman.
We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Love You All,
JoLynn
We do have a lot to be grateful for, don't we?? And you were just getting warmed up. You are right, though, it would take DAYS to count all of our blessings.
By the way, what is a Kami treat? I think you've told me, but I have forgotten...
Happy Thanksgiving to the most beautiful woman in the world. :)
Such a cute post, Kam. We all have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful for ALL of the things you mentioned plus many more.
We wish you a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving and can't wait to hear all about it.
You are amazing and I love you! I, like Tonya, want to know...What has that brother of mine come up with for your Kami treats?
Post a Comment