Last week we received a call from our builder asking us if we could meet him at the new house. In his words "We would be very happy with the news".
So Brent and I drove over after work, swearing under our breath in disbelief.
We were told that the closing costs were quite a bit less than what we had paid so we now had a credit of a few thousand dollars to make extra upgrades and changes. We scheduled to have a few extra add-ons to complete our home 100% with all the bells and whistles. This REALLY was good news...or so we thought.
We got word last night that due to the changes it has set us back another week and a half on moving in.
We will not be closing on our home until next Wednesday and will not have everything finalized until the following Monday...which means...
THE ONE WEEKEND we now have to move in, is the weekend we had planned to go to AZ to visit family, see Blake play football as a senior and go watch ASU kill Utah.
Now I will take full credit for thinking I, of all people, could move the month of September...just days before the LARGEST event in the city in which I am completely in charge!
What was I thinking??
So today I sit in a house full of boxes that still needs to be gutted and completely worked over with cleaning supplies of all kinds while my darling, new, fresh smelling home sits vacant for another two weeks for NO REASON AT ALL!!!
GRRRRRRRRR is all I have to say.
Remind me NEVER to build a home!!


9 comments:
That just stinks! I am so sorry for you all. It seems like nothing ever goes the way they say it will with buying a home. We were told a few days before our closing that, "Oh by the way, You'll need to bring another $1500 or so to closing. It's costing more than we expected." What?? NO, we don't have that kind of cash laying around! Little miracles happened though and it all worked out. I f I lived down there I'd send you to AZ and supervise the move-in for you.
Sucky indeed. :( BOO! Isn't that how it goes?? Blasted builders and their empty promises. They are really politicians in disguise. :( What can I help with? I can come clean or beat butts. Or BOTH.
Oh this all makes me SO SAD! I am so sorry that you still haven't got moved in and I'm SO SAD that it's looking like you won't be able to come down. We were so excited to see you. I wish we lived closer and I'd come help you get all moved in and organized! Maybe a miracle will happen and something will change and it will all work out!
JO...oh no...we are still coming. Come HELL or High water we will be there. I will move all night long for two weeks straight if I have to. I need this trip and we are too excited not to come.
Plan on us...we will be there.
H-O-N-E-Y!!! I'm so sorry! But since I know you, I know that you can work miracles when necessary and somehow you will make this happen and it will come together just perfect. Of course you know that we are here (or at least we will be in a couple of days) and we will help you in any way we can.
We are willing to help you move in the middle of the night if necessary. I think it will be easier than you think. Your house may not all be put together in time for the marathon, but at least you will have it all in the house. Then you can take some time off after the marathon and get things arranged. It will all work out perfectly.
If I loved closer I would come and help! sorry its so frustrating but once you are inside that new beautiful home it will all be forgotten! If anyone can handle this you can ! Keep your chin up xoxo
Honestly... in the grand scheme of things this is not really a BAD problem to have... I thought you were going to say you had to pay the money back or the entire deal fell through, so when I read that it had just been pushed back I was relieved. I know you were looking forward to your Arizona trip, but here's a bright side.... Raleigh had scheduled himself off that weekend so that we could go with you to watch Utah kill ASU and so now you have him all weekend to be your beck and call boy...
I'm sorry, I know you're disappointed but in a year you will hardly remember this minor set back
Make sure to stop by and say hi on your way through Kingman!
Post a Comment