Let's start with Thursday.
This was the first time Brent and I attended the temple together. We were invited to do sealings for a couple in our ward.
I just LOVE the temple. I loved kneeling across from my best friend, all dressed in white, in the house of our Lord, holding his hand, watching him smile and awaiting his wink each time we made eye contact. I must admit I had mixed emotions that night. I loved performing those ordinances and the Spirit was so strong in that room but at the same time realizing that there is a chance that the two of us may not be there on June 14th.
I know that day will be the best day of my life regardless. Marrying Brent is and will be my ultimate blessing but I long for Gav and Sav to see the importance of temple marriage, being sealed in the house of the Lord for time and ALL ETERNITY. I also have to believe that if it is not on June 14th, 2008 that it will be shortly there after.
I am grateful for a husband that is worthy to attend the temple, to give fathers blessings and who honors his priesthood. This little threesome has needed that and has prayed for that. Brent continues to be the answer to so many prayers.
Saturday night we met up with Brent's favorite mission companion Elison= a pool dipping, top 20 country count down listening, TRAINER missionary and his wife Kami (apparently hot missionaries from Eugene Oregon are attracted to us KAMI's). We ate dinner at Applebee’s and celebrated my last "Pepsi drinking" night. This carbonated bloated tummy of mine is gonna ache as I forcefully squeeze it into this size zero wedding dress hanging at the shop. I can not bare to say the word "alteration". So I have resorted to WATER and ice chips until June 14th...I think I will throw in a couple vitamin packs also seeing how Brent is already "disappointed" at the thought of a wife with no honeymoon energy!
So I am sitting in my office right now with a migraine beyond belief and a knot in my right shoulder the size of Mount Everest, thinking about how much I love and appreciate family. My family is my strength, they are my hope.
Jim and Nance are my constant support. They are the prime example of unconditional love. The past SEVERAL years have been challenging but they were right beside me, lifting me up and many times dragging me along. They are my dearest friends.
I have seen a side of Kac lately that I truly admire. She is strong and, although doubts herself at times, is completely ABLE. She will someday have all the happiness that she deserves!
Russ and Kori are my example. They truly live life centered on our Savior Jesus Christ. They radiate goodness and friendship.
The Ellsworth clan, all 720 of them, already hold a special place in my heart. They are open, honest, and accepting people, who love and laugh...and sometimes fight and swear! My favorite kind of people. I have been utterly impressed by each of them and the lives they are living. I don't mean to single anyone out because I could and will, as this blog goes on, have plenty to say about each one of them individually...but I have to say that sweet Connor has occupied a great portion of my heart since the first time I laid eyes on him. What an amazing kid. He is sincere, considerate, accepting, and tender. I watched him play with Gavin a few weeks ago and my heart was full. He was patient and loving, which isn't always easy where Gav is concerned. I personally give props to Brian and Jolynn for this remarkable kid I am proud to call nephew.
Hope this week treats you well. Blog at you soon!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ahh sweetie, I feel your pain in regards to being able to be sealed on your wedding day, but you know what? My wedding day was still unbelievable, and very special. In some ways it was fun because I hadn't had a civil wedding, and so we got to do fun new things like have my dad walk me down the isle, which I'll never forget, or I got to sing to my new husband as part of the ceremony. No, it wasn't a temple wedding, but I woulnd't change it. Then the next year that we did get sealed was absolutely perfect, and I loved Ryan even more then than I did on our wedding day! Ideally a temple wedding is what you shoot for, but if things don't work out, then it won't make your special day any less special, it will just give you more to look forward to!
Kami, you are the sweetest! We feel so blessed to get to have the three of you in our family! Conner truly enjoyed getting to know and play with Gav. He is a sweet boy! And as you know Brilynn absolutely loves Sav! She can hardly wait to get to see and play with her new cousin!
I have really enjoyed reading your blog! You have a real talent for writing! You are hillarious! Have you ever thought about writing a book?
We just want you to know that we are very happy for the four of you. Hang in there about the whole sealing thing. I really believe that things will work out the way they are supposed to whether it means you getting sealed now or later. The Lord is mindful of you all, as you know, and with that being said it will all work out for the best. Just keep trusting in Him.
We love you all very much! Please take care and keep on blogging!
Lots Of Love,
Brian, JoLynn, and Gang
Post a Comment