
“If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is hold a garage sale. Because five minutes into it, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.”Yes, the Little clan held its once-a-decade..."Calling all riff raff" garage sale yesterday!
The fun began at 6:00 a.m. when I woke Brent up and he rolled over, threw his covers off and moaned harshly..."D*** IT"!
And it truly went down hill from there.
I am not quite sure how it happened...but I ended up being the ONLY family member to host this blessed event. Kaci was a sport and hung in there for a couple hours, had a few good laughs and white trash gang sign photo opp's, then claimed she had a house to clean. Jimbo found a project that kept him "conveniently" occupied in the backyard until the front yard sprinklers turned on and drenched his prized golf clubs. Brent high tailed in outta there before the first, of many, two toned, accident prone, neighborhood waking, mini van squealed around the corner...unloading 17 passengers who hadn't bathed since our last garage sale in 1992. And Nance never even left her house. But sat at home perspiring, with her stomach in knots and the very fact that members of HER family were sitting in the drive way of one of HER children’s houses collecting money from strangers for old furniture and other used items. The Hydes...how appropriate...were never seen nor found!
After selling my entire life’s collection of home furnishings, I walked away with enough money to take my non-existing, yet profanity spewing husband-to-be to dinner...AND DESSERT!
Today I can say I am thankful for times that create the best memories. For a sister who has a great laugh and puts a smile on my face...and who has set the next garage sale date for June 7th 2008.

3 comments:
The Hydes...how appropriately...had nothing to be sold at the garage sale, and therefore weren't aware that we were supposed to be there all day watching the rest of the family sell their stuff. Sorry. But after looking at those attractive pictures wish we had been there to join in the fun. We sure fit the part of W.T. and the buyers may have related better to us.
Kami! This is Kris Horton. Your mom just sent me your blog address. I am so happy for you, your new love and the hope you have of a complete family life for your children. Miracles never cease.
Been there! LOVE the yard sales, infact, I think I will be down there in a few weeks to have one with my brother! I'll let you know so that we can give referrals to yours! :)
LUVS!
Post a Comment