
Today after a long rather hard day I opened up Gav's back pack to get his homework ready and found a school work assignment entitled "True Feelings". The very first question was..."What makes you happiest"? Gav's answer was "When my mom is here".
I thank my Heavenly Father for sending His precious child to the earth and trusting me to be his mom. I thank Him for giving Gav a tender heart and a sensitive spirit. I thank Him for Gavin's intellect, wit, and knowledge of right and wrong. Gavin is proof that we came to this earth with distinct personalities. How blessed I am to get to spend time with him everyday. I love the things that come out of his mouth. After tasting a new recipe I had attempted Gavin stated in his most serious voice, "Well it is splendid at first but leaves a bit of an after taste" I find myself saying OFTEN "Who says that"?? He makes me laugh. He makes me cry. He makes me nervous. He makes me proud!
I can honestly say..."What makes me happiest"?...GAVIN (but it is a three way tie with Savanna and Brent, of course)

4 comments:
That is just the sweetest! You know I think that nothing else can give us more joy, laughter, and tears than our children. Gavyn and Sav are truly sweet children and its very obvious that they have been loved and taught by good people!
I love your new family picture! I am excited to see the rest of your pictures (and I really like your hair like that)!
Well I hope all is going well for all of you and that Brent is treating you good!:-) Take care we love you all!
Love, JoLynn
Isn't he just the greatest kid!! I have heard so many of Gavin's "who says that" statements and each time I have to laugh (to myself) at that adult in a little kid's body. I love your new family picture....and for any who may read this....this is Kami's "real" hair, the way we, in her family, have always known her to look...BIG hair, BIG eyes, BIG smile, BIG heart, that's our Kami. The wonderful news is that she has found someone just like her (minus the BIG hair, I guess that belongs to his dad) to share her life with. Oh, how we love Brent. He is our miracle!! Now I must say something about my princess Savanna. She, too, has some "who says that" moments. One night she was saying her prayers and asked Heavenly Father for some such blessing (can't remember exactly). The next day, for whatever reason, she didn't get that blessing so that night she asked for it again and said, "and I REALLY MEAN IT this time." Isn't that darling...
"Please bless that we won't have any bad dreams...and I MEAN IT this time"!!
oh sweeet Savanna
Post a Comment