Today while cruising along in the City of St. George mini van, that they provide me with for my driving pleasure, I hit and killed a road runner who was running across the street. I had to stop and think to myself..."What if we had named this poor unfortunately UGLY creature...On The Side of the Road Runner? Would we have saved a life today"?So after my "After Death Experience" I began to ponder...What does my name mean? And am I living up to it?
Kami: Meaning: Divine
Origin: Japanese
Divine? According to dictionary.com there are several meanings to the word divine.
1. Having the nature of or being a deity.
2. Superhuman; godlike.
3. Extremely pleasant; delightful
4. Heavenly; perfect.
Now I am far from Godlike, perfect or superhuman even though I can, like so many other moms, go to sleep at 3:00 a.m., awake at 5:30 a.m., shower, dress, wake two kids, dress them, feed them, make beds, start dinner, pick up the cousins, drop everyone off at school, work an 8 hour day, pick up the kids, take them to various activities (piano, violin, chess (yes chess), scouts, primary activities, sports, etc) with the help of Nana, help with homework, finish dinner, clean the house, organize closets, vacuum, sweep, mop, do laundry, play basketball, give tubbies, read and pray...find time to BLOG...then start the routine all over EVERYDAY!!
I do however like definition #3 although not ALWAYS, I do feel I am a pleasant person...who can in fact be delightful. (toot toot)
Brent: Meaning: Fiery hill
Divine? According to dictionary.com there are several meanings to the word divine.
1. Having the nature of or being a deity.
2. Superhuman; godlike.
3. Extremely pleasant; delightful
4. Heavenly; perfect.
Now I am far from Godlike, perfect or superhuman even though I can, like so many other moms, go to sleep at 3:00 a.m., awake at 5:30 a.m., shower, dress, wake two kids, dress them, feed them, make beds, start dinner, pick up the cousins, drop everyone off at school, work an 8 hour day, pick up the kids, take them to various activities (piano, violin, chess (yes chess), scouts, primary activities, sports, etc) with the help of Nana, help with homework, finish dinner, clean the house, organize closets, vacuum, sweep, mop, do laundry, play basketball, give tubbies, read and pray...find time to BLOG...then start the routine all over EVERYDAY!!
I do however like definition #3 although not ALWAYS, I do feel I am a pleasant person...who can in fact be delightful. (toot toot)
Brent: Meaning: Fiery hill
Origin: Old English
Since there is no definition for "fiery hill" I would propose the following...
"A small mountainous structure that is ablaze"
Now Brent, my friends, is in fact fiery. He has quite the spark and if you have ever watched any sporting event with him you know that spark then ignites and FUMES!!!
Since there is no definition for "fiery hill" I would propose the following...
"A small mountainous structure that is ablaze"
Now Brent, my friends, is in fact fiery. He has quite the spark and if you have ever watched any sporting event with him you know that spark then ignites and FUMES!!!
As for the hill part...I got nothin!
Gavin: Meaning: White Falcon
Savanna: Meaning: large grassy plateau
So all in all...a name is just a name but who in the world named the RoadRunner?

1 comment:
I really like your new background! Where'd you get it?
Post a Comment