
"The St George Marathon is officially underway for 2008. Registration recently closed with an all time high of 10,544 registrants, which exceeded last year by more than 2000 runners. In its 32nd year of running this event has been ranked “the fourth fastest growing marathon in the nation”. The St George Marathon’s continual growth has a natural limitation due to the cap which is set at 7000 this year, an increase of 200 registrants from 2006. Also ranked 15th largest Marathon in the nation, hosted by one of the smallest marathon cities (population nearly 80,000), this race had a total of 5155 finishers in 2007 which was an increase of 8.3% from 2006. The 2008 marathon lottery will take place on Thursday May 8th and the final results will be posted Friday May 9th."
Kami Farr
Race Operations Manager
So this is my life starting now til October 4th. Let the calls, bribes, moans, groans, sob stories, lies, and begging begin.
I really must say I do have the BEST job on the planet. I feel extremely lucky to be associated with and have my name attached to such a well known, highly respectable event. Even though Brent smirks as he prays and gives thanks for my job...which apparently is "the easiest, UN-real job EVER", I am thankful for the income it provides, flexibility it gives for my family, and all the FUN I get to have while I am...in fact...WORKING!!! :)
Good luck to our friends and family who are registered...see you in October!!

2 comments:
I'm totally jealous! I would Kill for your job! :)But my job of working 80 hours of over time and not getting paid for it is fun too. (I'm dead serious about the hours!)
I'll give you a call next time I'm down!!
LUVS!
Wow!!! That was some intro there! I was totally intrigued! And I even must say I thought man if I lived there maybe I would register for this fine event also. It sounds like quite an event to say the least! I'm really glad that you enjoy your job and have so much fun with it. It truly makes a huge difference when you enjoy what your doing and when you hate what your doing.
Good luck with the big event! Please take care and we will see you in 5 weeks. Whoa thats a coming up fast! Whoo whee are guys getting excited or what?
We are looking forward to the BIG day. We can't wait to see you all! We love and miss you ALL! Love, JoLynn
Post a Comment